Forums are back in action! ×

It's dangerous out there, don't go alone.

Hey all, 

Sathaos and Vymn ( our long time gamer handles) reporting in! We've been married 10 years this September and started out our married life by hauling computers with Starcraft and Diablo up on our honeymoon. If that isn't true love I'm not sure what is! 

Vymn is a lithe human, a warrior scholar with an 8 year military enlistment. He's moved from Combat badass-ery to academic wizardry with a bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering and going for his Master's this summer. The books have exacted their toll and added about 30 pounds. Late nights and bachelor style eating habits didn't help either. I could leave him for a week with a bag of cereal, a gallon of milk, chips and salsa and he's dandy. The military taught him not to be too picky when calories came his way. He wants to be a Ranger. 

I am a half-elf, a druid monk with a mixed past. While Vymn was deployed I was honing my skills, trying to stay sane with Bujinkan Ninjutsu. I ended up teaching and was in great shape. I've also been an avid equestrian since I was 12. Moving to Utah exacted it's toll on me to the tune of 36 pounds . I also eat my feelings and love to be in the kitchen. Moving away from my clan wasn't easy. I've been known to curl up on the couch or in front of netflix like a sad little kunoichi-san  and sulk for days. I also changed jobs, instead of working as a veterinary technician, on my feet all day lifting everything from kittens to St. Bernards on my own, I became a pathology clerk sitting in a lab next to a great vat of Formaldehyde. :tongue: after several years I moved on to manage a lingerie boutique ( a switch I know!) and I LOVE it. I'm also their tech goddess so I spend a lot of hours in front of a computer managing their website.  

I want to be a monk/druid

I also turned 30 this year and a switch was flipped..."I've got to take care of myself" and who better to build a healthy habit with than my man? So he agreed and I agreed and we did our first circuit this morning. Just one set but I am sure we will feel it. We've also mostly switched to Paleo...as soon as I read it I knew it was an easy plan and way to work on diet. I love food too much to fuss with calories or not eat the tasty things I enjoy. With Paleo as my guide I don't have to wonder if I can eat it-It MADE SENSE! (which is huge) it's easy for me to adjust to....since I am the one that is cooking and interested in being in the kitchen, this is crucial. 

We're very glad to be here!! 

Thanks to all in charge of NF and everyone on the boards for making such a welcoming environment- it really helped us out of our slump. 

With this introduction I leave you with one of the most beautiful quotes I've ever heard. Talk about potential....talk about destiny....Feel big and capable cause we ARE Star stuff! A way for the universe to know itself! ( thanks Carl Sagan!) 

• Like 1