Forums are back in action! ×

25yo Indian Male Soldier reporting to duty

Hi All,

I am 25yo and I have been reading nerdfitness blog for the last 6 months.

I was a strict vegetarian before reading nerdfitness. After reading Paleo literature and The Vegetarian myth I converted to non veg.

I have lost some weight using the combination of Slow Carb diet and Steve's workout regimen. I managed to come down to 87kgs from an 110kgs. I was very happy that I did it. I received a lot of compliments for my looks and attention from the opposite sex. 

Later, I incorporated Paleo diet and the results were good.  My daily meals were :

Breakfast: Eggs + Protein Shake

Lunch : Chicken breast

Dinner: Chicken legs (2)

I felt more energy compared to my slow carb phase and everything was going well till last October.

Because of some issues I had to break up with my girlfriend. I dint really notice any drastic effects on my fitness initially. But gradually things started spiraling out of my control. Constant depression and a sense of loss were becoming a standard. I stopped going to gym and started eating to curb the depression. I went from 88kgs to 98kgs. I could clearly see that I was in a self destructive mode but I could not come out of it.  All day I used to sit in front of my laptop and I used to watch marathon sessions of TV series. I was totally unproductive in my work and neglected all the friends who tried to help me.

From the last few weeks I have been making some changes but I am yet to feel that power surge and motivation I felt pre-breakup. But I will continue to push through and I believe that I will be able to get back to my previous shape and even surpass it. 

Thanks,

Ram.

• Like 1

Hey Ram.

I'm glad you joined up and that you're working towards getting back to healthy. As it says in my sig: 1. with our thoughts we make the world - if you really want this, and believe you can do it, then you can 2. we are what we regularly do - keep at it, it will become part of who you are 3. fake it till you make it - you might not feel like the confident, motivated, powerhouse that you were, so fake it.  Act as if you are, pretend that you feel great, smile.  Soon, just by doing those things, you'll find that they are true.

Keep going man :encouragement:

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously