Forums are back in action! ×

Nightavenger Ready to be Leveled up

Well, welcome to ya'll too :nevreness: . I've prepped and just got set up in the Rebel 1 Challenge portion for this coming challenge. I'm looking forward to it.

-Nightavenger

Nightavenger, level 2

Lycan, Unclassified Newcomer Rebel.

STR |2DEX|2STA|3CON|5WIS|3CHA|0|

Current Challenge: Rebel 1, 6 week challenge Monday the 24th!

Posted most of my story in the challenge room, figured i'd add it here in case it ever came up. So.... repost lol ... but there it is.

Quick history: I found this site as a result of my brother and mother over spring break. I'm a huge gamer, systems administrator, and programmer, bible study leader. It's been greatly encouraging to read and learn more about the transformations that folks have gone through. I'm 27, 5ft 7, newly wed, and have had a few negative health encounters over the last year that set in some demotivation to my old work out routine (more of a scout). Passed out while running almost 9 months ago, and found out I had a few tumors and an electrolyte defieciency that took part in the incident. Luckily they were not cancerous and I was able to get them removed. Took a little bit to get back on my feet and going, but sad to say I was more sedentary than I should have been due to fear of the previous incident. I'm healthy and whole (all things considered), but have packed on some weight to 165 (25-27% body fat) and was not eating healthy.  After seeing the Rebel Starter Pack and reading through how people from all different backgrounds have overcome their pasts to head towards their goals, I became motivated last week to make a change. I saw that the next 6 week challenge begins next Monday and have begun getting myself prepped and ready. My wife has joined and boarded the train with me, been reading articles like crazy and we've already thrown out everything that doesn't fit the Paleo Diet (which is extremely new to us). Been 4 days Paleo, no sodas, and feeling healthy already.

Main Quest: I really don't know whether I need to lose weight to be back down to 140-145, or stay where i'm at. But my Main quest is to be more healthy, muscular, and less sedentary. To overcome my fears of past incidents and pursue the track as a new-coming Ranger/Scout.

Quest 1: Beginner Body Weight Workout with Warm-up/cooldown every Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and reach the 3 time circuit by the end of the challenge.

Quest 2: accomplish the 30 day Paleo challenge as proposed by Steve's article. http://www.nerdfitne...the-paleo-diet/

Quest 3: I Cut Soda out Cold turkey and am 7 days running... Keep away from the soda completely and drink more water/electrolytes everyday.

Life Quest: Pay $800 dollars towards student debt. 

Thank you for all the articles and for the community. I'm really looking forward to taking part in this 6 week challenge and leveling up my life. It's really been encouraging. 

**Games currently playing, Titanfall, Diablo 3, Minecraft, and numerous steam games. Should anybody want to hit me up, i'm fairly easy to find. -Nightavenger

Nightavenger, level 2

Lycan, Unclassified Newcomer Rebel.

STR |2DEX|2STA|3CON|5WIS|3CHA|0|

Current Challenge: Rebel 1, 6 week challenge Monday the 24th!