Forums are back in action! ×

Former Rebel needs reinitiated

My journey with "weightloss" (read: Getting Healthy) started a long time ago. I have had a few times where I lost a lot of weight and looked good. Of course gained it back. I don't know what does it to me; why I gain it back. I know everything I need to do (Once lost 40lbs in 3 months...again lost 26lbs in 6 weeks) I just really lack the personal motivation to do so.

I'm a 27 year old male from a small town called Florence, Alabama. I currently work in a restaurant and live with my girlfriend. She is about 4 months pregnant now she is due around first of September. We have had issues before and she had 2 miscarriages so the fact that she is this far along is really awesome. So obviously that puts me in the spot where I want to be healthy and be there for my child. I currently weigh the most I have ever weighed...I weigh in at 341lbs. 

Today was my first day back in the gym in over a year. I think I did well (I have been watching season after season of Biggest Loser on Hulu). My current lifestyle change goals are as follows:

1. Cut my calorie intake from around 4,000-5,000 down to around 2,000-3,000. 

2. Go to the gym at least 3 days a week.

3. Change calories from decent ones to Whole calories

I know this community is the best on the internet so I'm happy to reintroduce myself here. I've been reading the website and been reading forums for nearly as long. 

Thanks in advance for any advice/words of encouragement.

-Dark

• Like 2

"I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was. I figured that if I said it enough, I would convince the world that I really was the greatest. "- Muhammad Ali

Welcome back!!  Take it slow and steady - and really focus on healthy foods for all three of you!!

• Like 1

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)