Forums are back in action! ×

Totally plateaued and need to kickstart

Hey everyone. I came across Nerd Fitness and it is exactly what I need to kick myself up the bum in my fitness.

I have lost about 4st (56lbs) over the course of 15 months and am fitter then I have ever been. Unfortunately I have recently found that I have plateaued and am creeping back into my old unhealthy ways. Perhaps after loosing weight I have become complacent?

I came across Nerd Fitness and this community and thought that it is exactly what I need - it can be so hard to find fellow ladies who want to be strong, not just skinny.

Hello to you all and I am really looking forward to getting stronger and fitter with you guys :-)

• Like 2

Hey, welcome! :)

Well done on your weight loss :encouragement: that's fantastic. You're not alone on here for wanting to be strong and healthy rather than skinny, and there's tons of really good advice! Have you had a good look through some of the archived articles on the main site? It's all about sustainable change, that's the key ;)

Ps. 4 stone? That sounds like a fellow Brit to me...?

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Welcome, Vicky! There are lots of supportive women here on the NF boards; with any luck the community can help keep you on track :)  Best of luck to ya!

Gilgamelissa

race: wood elf | class: assassin

str 5 | dex 2 | sta 3 | con 3 | wis 0 | cha 0

"Mood? What has mood to do with it? You fight when the necessity arises — no matter the mood! Mood's a thing for cattle or making love or playing the baliset. It's not for fighting." - Frank Herbert, Dune

logintroductionfirst challenge | second challenge | third challenge (current)

Hey guy, thanks for the greetings. I am indeed a Brit, living in a lovely little village in Buckinghamshire, Stoke Mndeviile. Lots of sports history here, with the Paralympics starting here. Plus lots of lovely fields to go running :-)

Looking forward to checking out the site and getting involved in some of the activities,

• Like 1

Hey guy, thanks for the greetings. I am indeed a Brit, living in a lovely little village in Buckinghamshire, Stoke Mndeviile. Lots of sports history here, with the Paralympics starting here. Plus lots of lovely fields to go running :-)

Looking forward to checking out the site and getting involved in some of the activities,

Hi Chief, 

Doesn't look like you've been here in a while but thought i'd say hi in case you drop by. I'm living in Aylesbury at the moment, so literally round the corner. Hope things are good. 

Z.