Forums are back in action! ×

Soldier from the far north

Name is Draezin, Drae for short, and I live in the far reaches of the frozen north! I am in my 35th summer, and have spent far too long enjoying the sweet rewards of the lazy lifestyle. 

Before I reached my 20th winter, I was very active and could run trolls back into the wilds all day, but then I stopped. No real reason, just stopped. 

Last winter my mother took very ill, and the doctors say it is only a matter of time now. My father took ill as well when I was younger, as did his father, and his father before him. 

I do not want to become this kind of sick. 

To this end, I have recently quit inhaling the burning sticks, and have begun to frequent the exercise yard at least every other day. I am aware of the quality and the quantity of nourishment I put into my body, and am struggling to keep away from the greasy or sweet foods that I have grown so accustomed to. 

I wish to be able to join the Empires guards, and chase the evil monsters back into their dens, and force them in front of the magistrate to receive their just rewards for their crimes. 

In the near future, I wish to become more fit and smaller before the weather comes where I can ride my iron horse.

Easy to read version: 

I'm from the the Yukon. I'm 35 years old, and have been slacking a lot on health for about 15 years.

Back when I was in my late teens, I was in the Army, and was in great shape, but for some reason I stopped taking care of my self. 

Last year my mom was diagnosed with a rare and aggressive form of terminal cancer. My father had colon cancer, as did his dad, and grandfather too. I don't want to have cancer. 

Since the new year, I quit smoking, started working out every other day with cardio and weight training, and am throwing a bit of swimming in there too.

I have been much more vigilant with my food intake since then as well, but still get crazy cravings for breads and pastas, with the occasional need for chips or chocolate thrown in. 

I have a long term dream of joining the RCMP, and serving the community. 

Not too sure about the challenges here, but I would like to participate in one. 

Short term goal is I want to lose about 12kg (25 pds.) before motor bike season here, which is usually the second week of May. 

• Like 3

Loved your introduction! Skipped the easy-to-read part. :)

It's really scary, as well as eye-opening, to have close family members become seriously ill. I'm very sorry that you're having to deal with those issues.

That said, welcome aboard! Looking forward to reading about your future health endeavors!

• Like 1

Gilgamelissa

race: wood elf | class: assassin

str 5 | dex 2 | sta 3 | con 3 | wis 0 | cha 0

"Mood? What has mood to do with it? You fight when the necessity arises — no matter the mood! Mood's a thing for cattle or making love or playing the baliset. It's not for fighting." - Frank Herbert, Dune

logintroductionfirst challenge | second challenge | third challenge (current)

Thanks wells101, and yes, the RCMP are commonly referred to as the Mounties. Just one question though, what is charrhat? :) 

And mmdills22, thanks for the compliment! I have always had a bit of a gift for that sort of thing. And yes, it is very scary to see people close to you become so sick, so fast. 

Welcome aboard! I eventually want to enter into a career in law enforcement as well, but with the Toronto Police Services. What type of bike do you ride, I have a GSX650f. Man, I would love to visit the Yukon and see the Northern Lights.

Have fun on your journey of -25lbs!

I have a 2006 Buell Ulysses xb12x. Way too many dirt and gravel roads up here for me to have a street or cruiser. I need the Adventure style bikes. 

The only problem with riding your bike in the Yukon and seeing the Lights is that one you can only do in the summer, and the other you can only do in the winter! 

Thanks wells101, and yes, the RCMP are commonly referred to as the Mounties. Just one question though, what is charrhat? :)

And mmdills22, thanks for the compliment! I have always had a bit of a gift for that sort of thing. And yes, it is very scary to see people close to you become so sick, so fast. 

Me = Charr.  Hat  = Me on your head.

Thus, charrhat.  ^_^

Sorry, i'm weird and excitable and awesome sometimes.  It happens since i'm kind of a spaz... all of the time.  I promise not to explode you guys though.  

• Like 1