Forums are back in action! ×

Ram Mines

You've heard of land mines right? Well on our farm we've also had Lamb Mines, things that lambs can get into you never thought they would. Checking the pastures for lamb mines is an ongoing task around here.

This am just added a new one:

Ram Mines

One of our adult rams Mister 939 was stuck wedged between rocks out on the dam of our big pond. Fortunately on his butt, head uphill or he'd be dead already. But He managed to get his hindquarters in underneath one huge rock and stuck his front half in between 2 others. It took 2 of us, a half an hour and a breaker bar to carefully try to pry the rocks off him without letting them fall down and crush either him or me. I was stabilizing his head and the main rock. Once we got most of the rocks moved enough we lifted him out. He weighed about 130 pounds or so. We got him out, he is vertical, walking but not very well. I am sure he was stuck there for at least overnight probably longer but probably not 24 hours.

Oogie McGuire

Black Sheep Shepherdess

STR 4.25 | DEX 4.5 | STA 3.75 | CON 3 | WIS 4.75 | CHA 1