Forums are back in action! ×

Hiya, all.

I thought I'd reintroduce myself again. I was here for one challenge in the fall that I ended up doing really good with. Got a late start on the following challenge and didn't follow through. Once that happened I lost my steam and disappeared until now. I have plenty of excuses as to why, but it really doesn't matter. I stopped making my health a priority and as a result I don't feel as good as I did. I'm not coming back in full until it comes time for the next challenge. But I'm will be working on myself until then. And even though I have completed a challenge, I'll be joining the first timers. I think I need that again.

So, what is it that finally got me to come back? I have a big life change coming in a year and a half and it is motivating me to make a better me. In June 2015 my brother and I will be moving from Panama City, FL to Boston, MA. We are super excited and while we've realized that we need to make changes financially, we also need to change our health. Boston is a walking city. So I need to get my endurance up. Which will also help with my dog. I won't have a back yard anymore. He'll need many walks. I will be car-less and taking the subway a lot, my recent visit convinced me that I need to work on my balance and my ability to run up and down steps. Boston is full of amazing food. Amazing to taste, not always so good on the body. I need to teach myself discipline when it comes to food. I tend to go over board on good/bad stuff. And then there is the lifestyle stuff I need to work on. I will be moving to a small apartment (most likely), I will have to decrease my possessions. I also need to get better habits in relation to cleaning and organizing. I'm not some giant slob, but I could use some work. I need to work on financial things, too. Boston has a much higher cost of living. I need to save to go and work on making myself hireable (is that a word) in a more competative market.

All of this may seem like a lot to do. But luckily, NF has this great idea of breaking it all down into manageable chunks. All hail Steve!

tl;dr: My life is going to change in some huge ways. I need to change to be ready.

So, I'm back! Here for the community, support, and resources. Hello, again, my fellow nerds!

• Like 1

Lvl 2 Demigod

Child of Aries

/ STR 1 / DEX 1.75 / STA 2 / CON 5 / WIS 4 / CHA 2 /

Challenges:

Current Challenge

Accountability Groups:

Companions in Training

Welcome back, Obsessedfan! Best of luck in all your endeavors!

• Like 1

Gilgamelissa

race: wood elf | class: assassin

str 5 | dex 2 | sta 3 | con 3 | wis 0 | cha 0

"Mood? What has mood to do with it? You fight when the necessity arises — no matter the mood! Mood's a thing for cattle or making love or playing the baliset. It's not for fighting." - Frank Herbert, Dune

logintroductionfirst challenge | second challenge | third challenge (current)