Forums are back in action! ×

Hey there! I'm new (if you didn't guess)...

I've been reading the blog posts for about a week and love the way they're written. I'm really trying to get more inspired to work out (starting to already!).

I'm here because of a few reasons. I'm a girl, just under 5'6" (169cm, which I understand more because I'm in Australia), 79kg (which is 4kg lighter than I was 2 months ago), and I suppose I'm generally really worried about my future health, especially involving food. My mum has a lot of health problems, which she's been suffering from since my brother was born (2 years after me, so about 21 years now), and when a doctor finally told her what was wrong with her, she stopped working finally and completely fell apart. She has chronic fatigue, so she hardly sleeps and can't do any exercise, because if she does she'll be completely unable to function for several days afterwards (this can also happen if she just does slightly more in a day than her constantly fluctuating energy levels allow). She also has really serious food problems, and currently can't eat any gluten or dairy without feeling extremely ill. Some days all she can do is get out of bed and make it to the sofa two rooms over.

I'm 22, getting married next year and want to start a family very soon after that, and my main concern on my part, which my mum keeps reinforcing and making me more paranoid about, is that I could end up like her, almost completely incapable of leaving the house because of how much energy it takes from her, and that I could cause problems for my kids if I'm not healthy before I try and start a family.

Honestly, there's a lot of pressure and I'm absolutely terrified. But that's why I want to start now, with just over a year before I get married, so that I can fix things before I make them worse.

I've not really done much exercise ever (apart from a short stint of gym classes about 3 years ago), and I went for my first walk/jog attempt yesterday. My legs are still stiff.

I want to be in shape and healthy, I want to be able to keep up with my kids when I have them, I want to try the weights/strength stuff mentioned in the blog posts, but most of all I don't want to end up like my mum. She's been miserable for 20 years.

Also, I've read the stuff about the RLRP and I want to join in. Anyone want to tell me what race I might be? I have no idea....

• Like 2

Well, all I can say is if you want to be able to run, you'll only get there by running.  :) Also, good luck and never give up!

285lbs -> 200lbs

0%
0%

? Body Fat % -> 18%

0%
0%

“Don't fear failure. — Not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts it is glorious even to fail.†- Bruce Lee

Ne Obliviscaris