Forums are back in action! ×

Just here to say hello.

I'm 27 from Wales. I work in testing and implementation for a small software development company.

One day I saw a picture of myself and thought I don't like it, so I changed myself. This was back in august.

Since then I have dropped at least 25% of my body weight, lost fat, gained muscle and still going strong. I train tuesdays and thursdays for olympic and power lifts in a small class with coach.

I enjoy it, it's a new scheme, everyone's nice. Granted I'm the only girl there, and I share space with 14 year old boys who are training for their competitions (Welsh champs, btw)

Mondays and Fridays I train in the morning at the other local gym with freeweights and general maintenance.

More recently I have incorporated cardio. You know, because it helps to be well rounded. I have committed to the couch to 5k programme which I do during my lunch break at work. It's hard, I hate it, but it'll be worth it :)

Not too strict on food. Just ditched crap and started eating better. Also stopped drinking coffee. Now it's just more water. I don't do fad 'diets' or 'meal replacements' or anything like that.

More about me, I'm 4'11''. I started at around 161lb, size UK 16. I'm now at 128lb, size UK 8/10. Now wearing clothes comfortably that I used to be squeezing into when I was 19!! Considering I was at least a stone lighter at that age. I say ditch the scales.

I was diagnosed with PCOS a couple years ago. Don't see this as too much of a bad thing. One of my symptoms is higher than normal testosterone levels. Which basically means I have an easier time growing muscle than your average female. If it's not muscle gain, then it'll be fat gain. I have made my choice.

So yeah, I'm in the best shape I've ever been and want to keep going. I want to be healthy and live a long and active life :)

• Like 1