Forums are back in action! ×

The dorkiest music you've listened to while working out!

I'll see your strange and raise you one... 

ColoQ  ||   Level: 0
Techno Troll  ||  Assassin   
=========================
Current Challenge: 0 - V.2
Previous Challenges: ,
--------------------------------------------------
STR 0     ||   DEX 0    ||  STA 0
CON 0     ||    WIS 0    ||  CHA 0

For some reason, Pandora likes to play me Israel Kamikawiwo'ole's version of Over the Rainbow on every channel at frequent intervals. I like the song so I don't want to give it a thumb's down. My workout channel is based on Gym Class Heroes so I'll get something from them, Eminem, maybe Kid Cudi or B.o.B. and then bam, Over the Rainbow. I've now gotten used to it but it still makes me start laughing sometimes.

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

No........I know the words to at least two of their songs! The Look and It Must Have Been Love.

I am ashamed! In my defence though I was a teenager in the 80's and Australian radio sucked!

I'll also hold my hands up to this particular hall of shame. I own Roxette's Greatest Hits album :hopelessness:
  • Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

No........I know the words to at least two of their songs! The Look and It Must Have Been Love.

I am ashamed! In my defence though I was a teenager in the 80's and Australian radio sucked!

I'll also hold my hands up to this particular hall of shame. I own Roxette's Greatest Hits album :hopelessness:

Glad I'm not alone! Honestly, I'm not proud of it, but whatever gets me moving at 6:00 am will do. 

Race: Ferret | Class: Assassin | Level: 4 | STR: 6  DEX: 3  STA: 1  CON: 5  WIS: 7  CHA: 3

Battle Log | Challenges: 1, 2, 3

I almost exclusively listen to nerdcore while I work out. It leads to a lot of dancing in between sets. I used to fight the urge and I'd just tap my feet. Now I'm shakin it. Its like a little extra cardio mixed into my weight routine.

Do you have a suggested list of songs or set of albums or whatever, that could act as a Nerdcore primer?  

ColoQ  ||   Level: 0
Techno Troll  ||  Assassin   
=========================
Current Challenge: 0 - V.2
Previous Challenges: ,
STR 0     ||   DEX 0    ||  STA 0
CON 0     ||    WIS 0    ||  CHA 0

Not quite "whilst working out" but on the way home from running the other night Chesney Hawkes The One And Only came on the radio and I'll admit to singing along at the top of my voice.....

"No one can be myself like I can

For this job, I'm the best man

And while this may be true

You are the one and only you"

(Ok, it wasn't the radio. It was my iPod, hooked up to the car stereo, but don't tell anyone!)

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Borrowing one of the lads iPods because mine was on charge, the first two songs:

Eye of the Tiger............OMG really son? You sicko!

You're the Voice by an Aussie singer John Farnham. It got so much radio play in the 80's even now it produces nausea and migraine.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tbkOZTSvrHs

You're the Voice is an absolute cracker! So bloody powerful :P

You need to hear our version of Eye of the Tiger, played mostly on ukulele

• Like 1