Forums are back in action! ×

Hi there,

I've been hanging around for almost a week now, so I figured it was time for an introduction! I'm a Dwarven Monk with a first-degree black belt in taekwondo. I work in software test automation, play computer games, and take Korean classes, which is all really fun. I live with my awesome (though largely non-practicing) Druid husband, our college-student son, and teenaged daughter (who drew my profile picture.) And I'm a dog person.

I've had a bit of a tough time with fitness the past 9 months. Last summer I tore cartilage in my wrist while attempting to break my first (and possibly last) brick. After surgery, casts, therapy, and more surgery, I am back at it, but I had been struggling with motivation- until now! Joining NF and going Paleo feels like a turning point for me. I made five TKD classes this week, which I hadn't done since the brick debacle. :^D

The Paleo thing is totally new to me, and I have a fierce sugar habit to break (Damn you, Cadbury Mini Eggs!) but I've been sticking with it pretty strictly. I'm obsessing a little, trying to figure out the effects of diet on my energy level minute by minute, but I have to think that will ease up as I get used to this.

Thanks for reading- I'm looking forward to hanging out and shaping up with you guys!

Cheers,

Ninjaneer

• Like 1

Hey! Sorry to hear about the wrist, that sucks, but good to see you getting back at it. It takes time, and patience to come back from an injury like that.

Kudos on the Korean classes btw, very cool! Got to ask though, how did you get into that? Most people think their adventurous by learning French or Spannish...

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Hi Guzzi! :)

Taekwondo got my family interested in Korea, and as soon as we realized that Korean has a phonetic alphabet, we were all over it! We actually went to South Korea last summer to celebrate getting our black belts. (As it happened, we ended up traveling before we actually took the test– which was probably a good thing, because my wrist was still intact then!)

Cheers,

Ninjaneer

• Like 1