Forums are back in action! ×

So I have been putting this off for awhile for no real reason, but here goes nothing.  I am 36, working as a hi-lo driver in Northern Michigan.  I am currently weighing in at 226 lbs., 6' tall.  When I was 21 I weighed in at about 205, and that was the one and only time in my life I could successfully perform a chin up, until about 3 weeks ago.  I got married, had the best daughter ever, and divorced by the time I was 26, at which point my weight skyrocketed to 250(though in fairness I had been putting on pounds before the divorce). I cut this back to 230, and then found WoW(the burning crusade, I wasn't around for vanilla WoW).  Between that and some seriously poor diet choices, I ended up at 280 by the time I was 32. I made some conscious decisions to change my diet, like eliminating soda, which got me down to 250.  I always loved strength training, but never really stick with a program too long.  I also had a torrid love affair with Kendo and Judo for awhile, before moving somewhere that offers neither.  I have tried counting calories, which works for maybe a month, then I get bored with it. 

Then I found NF in December.  I read quite a bit, lurked a bit more, and started a pseudo-Paleo diet in January(I say pseudo due to the fact that I still eat legumes and corn, and am not terribly picky about the oils I cook with). At that point I was around 240-245.  I decided to pop my head out for this challenge due to a lack of any kind of support group up here for me, and just to see what it is like.  Anyway, that is the abbreviated long version of "Hello, my name is Flac". Cheers

Orc Couch Potato Aspiring to Warrior/Ranger/Monk

Level 0

STR:1, DEX:1, STA:1, CON:0, WIS:2, CHA:0

"Shepherd Book used to tell me, 'Can't do somethin' smart, do somethin' right'." Jayne Cobb