Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings fellow nerds, new one for the ranks.

...this looks like the place for introductions. Here goes.

Hi guys! My names Tom, 21, English, and a newly converted nerdfitness addict.

As far as my fitness story goes, without going into great detail, at the start of the year I found myself heavier than I've ever been.

Not that I'm hideously unfit, but I was reaching the point where it was getting hard to hide the growing beer belly I found myself with.

Simply enough, I don't want to ever be in a place where I'm restricted in what I can do by my fitness level. I want to explore the world and climb shit and jump over things and all that jazz.

My problem is (or was), that like a chump I thought a bit of running but no diet change would get me fit.

I would get determined to get fit, go on a few runs, then wear myself out and do no exercise for months.

Also my diet was pretty shitty, splurging on junk food was a bit too common (even though I told myself I'd make up for it later), and I was eating WAAAAY too many carbs.

I'd heard of nerdfitness on another site last year, and last week I thought I'd find it and have a proper look.

One thing led to another and I've read through about 50-60 blog posts and articles in the past week.

Somehow reading all this awesome stuff, and the new perspective on fitness, is one hell of a motivator.

It's very early days yet, but in the past 7 days I've exercised 6 times, alternating the beginners body weight strength training with some interval running.

So far the big change though has been in diet, I was always loathe to believe that it played such a big part in fitness, and convinced myself that sheer exercise alone would do the job. Fool. So I've started eating a shedload of vegetables and meat, and cut out most of the carbs. 

Thinking about going full paleo eventually, but not sure yet.

ANYWAY, if you're still with me (sorry, I ramble a bit), having repeatedly heard in the blog how awesome the nerdfitness community is, I thought I'd get stated on it. As my main problem with getting fit is sticking it out long enough to get into good habits and form lasting change, I'm hoping that you lovely people could help me out with that.

Also, as a gamer I LOVE the idea of turning my strive for fitness into a sort of MMORPG.

I'm thinking I'd want to be a Ranger/Assassin. I want a bit of everything, strength and stamina, but I'd really love to be nimble and learn some parkour.

...I think that's about it. I look forward to chatting with you guys and getting involved.

And just in case Steve see's this (no idea how likely that is) THANK YOU so much dude for making fitness seem fun, I'm having a blast so far thanks to the site.

Cheers guys :)

(Attached is a picture of me in a unicorn onesie. Because, reasons.)

post-28020-0-50139500-1395694579_thumb.j

• Like 1

tomocalypse

Level: 2    Race: Wood Elf   Class: Assassin

[sTR 2| DEX 3| STA 3| CON 2| WIS 1| CHA 2]

Main Quest Line - Master of my own Bodyweight     Goals - Planche Push Ups - 30 second handstand - Basic Parkour skillz   

Challenges:

#1 - Ready Player One

“If I am occasionally a little over-dressed, I make up for it by being always immensely over-educated.â€

― Oscar WildeThe Importance of Being Earnest