Forums are back in action! ×

Hey! I found this forum from googling 'Coldplay diet'... Yes I did that. From curiosity mostly. But, wow, this forum is already so interesting, and seems already pretty useful.

This article in particular I found really great:

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2013/07/11/the-cosplay-hero-how-anne-lost-100-lbs/

I've always admired Cosplay, but didn't believe I had to right 'look', or even general confidence to pull it off. I'm not dangerously overweight, but I definitely have my podgy bits, and they're growing. I'd rather nip it in the bud now, thanks.

Most diets make me go, ehhhhhurggghhh, calorie counting? Lose 197383 pounds in a week? Look like the 'celeb of the week'? No thanks. But after reading about paleo (paleo? Primitive?) this actually seems interesting, and good for you! Also

I'm loving the idea of the 6 week challenge, and will definitely be jumping on the next one. I'm guessing I'm too late for this one?

Also, I'm from the uk, so greeting from across the pond!

Thanks all!

• Like 1

Level 2 Viking Assassin-in-Training

| STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 3 | CON 4 | WIS 5 | CHA 2 |

Daily Log | Challenge 1 | Challenge 2 |

Good luck with the switch to paleo! I am trying to incorporate more paleo principles into my diet, but it's hard sometimes. My friend gave me a loaf of fresh-baked bread, and it's on my counter right now, mocking me. I love the way I feel when I eat clean, but I love bread, too . . .

I hope you decide to explore cosplay further, even if you're not at the point you want to be yet! I've seen gorgeous cosplayers of all shapes and sizes. It seems a shame to miss out on something fun while you are getting in shape.

Hi

I have been 90% paleo since 1st Jan, but have been gluten free for about 6 months.

It was hard giving up the gluten to start with, but my body seems to react quite badly to gluten so a few bad episodes and I now avoid it like the plague.

I have a pintrest page where I pin any recipes I find for inspiration which helps.

Hope your first day went well

90% Paleo means I am not as strict as I could be.

For example If I go to my friends for a meal they know I don't eat gluten or dairy and cook with that in mind rather than totally grain free and they tend to use sunflower oil where I would use coconut oil. If we have a takeaway I will have a chicken shish kebab or dry tandoori meat but I will just have it with a salad and no bread/chips. 

If you are a student (and therefore are short of money) I would suggest buying cheaper cuts of meat that you can do in a big cook up.  Things like stews, cawl, bolognaise, that you can freeze in single portions but will have all the meats and veggies that you need in a meal but you can then bulk it out further with extra greens etc (usually whatever is cheap and fresh in Aldi)

I do this on a family scale and it saves me a fortune in money and time.

Hope that helps

Call it what you will LCHF/paleo/primal or any combination or variation it works as a weight loss regime or at least it has for me and many others that try it.

Welcome aboard

It's never to late to be the person you always wanted to be.

The voice in your head telling you that you can't do it is a damn liar.

Endorphins, the best high you can have.