Forums are back in action! ×

Continuing to Level Up

Hello Everyone,

I'm Jason and I've been magically whisked away to Delaware (Hi, I'm in Delaware!). I've got my Doctorate in Pharmacy, which means two things; I went to college for about 9 years and the 'Freshman Fifteen' keeps on going well past those first years of college. After years of bad diet and the stress of school, I finally graduated and found myself severely overweight.

This past spring I decided to get my life back under control and stop making excuses. My main focus was to get my weight back under control. I started out at 251.4lbs in April with my main focus being watching my food intake and going on walks during my lunch break. After I got down to about 235, I decided to start out with some more activity, so I decided to start the Couch to 5k program. I just ran my first 5k last week and my weight is now down to 207. So I'm making great progress on the weight loss side of things, but I want to keep leveling up, and the one thing I could never get the hang of was weight training.

So here I am, looking for help with this strange new world of picking up heavy things and putting them down again. I'm going to rely on the community here to help keep me motivated as much as I possibly can. I'm excited to see what we can do with the chunky mound over the next few months.

Thanks

Jason

Welcome!

And good for you, that's some fantastic progress! I'm sure you'll enjoy weight training once you get the hang of it. For me, it's my cardio days that I dread, and my weight days that I look forward to. I'm not particularly experienced so I won't offer you any advice, but you'll fine a lot of valuable information on these forums, and a lot of people to help you!

Cheers,

- Grey