Forums are back in action! ×

Hello!  I am  new to posting tho I have been lurking for a bit.  I have always wanted to achieve a body fat level of around 15% and have that elite level of strength and fitness but I have never really buckled down to get it done.  I am committed to get this done, so I don't spend the rest of my life wondering if I could get it done.  I have gained and lost the same 15 pounds for years.  I currently weigh 145 lbs and at 5'3'' that is just too much.  My friends and family don't understand what I am looking to achieve and simply respond to my eating habits and workouts with "Where are you gonna lose it from?"  I see me naked....trust me....I have work to do. 

I am going to join the next 6 week challenge but I am not waiting until then to start.  I have been eating clean for several weeks and have dropped from my starting weight of 152.  I avoid all grains, minimal fruits, and no processed food.  I eat primarily fat, protein, and carbs in the form of vegetables and some dairy (can't give up heavy cream in coffee), in that order.  I have some background in fitness (I was a drill instructor at a prison boot camp) and have done prodigious amounts of research.  My program  for the next four weeks (started yesterday) is a weekly split of  two days upper body, two days lower body.  My weight training is heavy weights 6-8 reps, no muscle isolation, two or three sets per exercise.   I do low bar back squats, deadlifts, should press, pull ups, back extensions, etc.  20 minutes light cardio prior to lifting for whole body warm up.  One day a week I take off from lifting and do an hour of cardio.  My cardio is usually running, cause I love it.

I will post starting pictures later.  Can't at the moment.

I will be beast.  On a side note.....what faction would you choose? 

• Like 1
  • Strength (STR) - 0
  • Dexterity (DEX) - 0
  • Stamina (STA) - 0
  • Constitution (CON) -0
  • Wisdom (WIS) - 0
  • Charisma (CHA) -0

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/46508-success-each-day-should-be-judged-by-the-seeds-sown-not-the-harvest-reeped/

Wow, that's an awesome work out regimen to start off! It's great that you have the drill instructor background to draw from. 

Good luck with your goals! I am in the same boat, with wanting to do the next challenge, but not wanting to wait another few weeks to get started. We can cheer each other on.  :nevreness:

• Like 1

Love the sound of those workouts girl! Sounds like you've made a solid start. If you do join in on the next challenge send me a link and I'll join in with the cheering from the sidelines. I'm really good at that ;)

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously