Forums are back in action! ×

Time to level up my life!

Hi there. Having been pretty lazy and demotivated for about 18 months, the process of levelling up my life has begun, and with some encouragement, I know I can fulfil my potential. Here's what's going on:

I'm a 34 yr old chap, living in England with my girlfriend. I work from home as a commercial analyst for a multinational. I'm overweight (fat, not muscle) by a good 12 kg. We eat good food, cooked from scratch, but too much, and way too much pasta etc.

My levelling up missions are as follows:

1. Get up early and achieve more. No more 8.30 starts!

2. Eat properly. Cut out bread and cut down pasta for a start. Plenty of eggs, meat and veg.

3. Exercise properly. Started on the BBWW at 07.00 this morning.

4. Study hard and pass my CIMA (management accounts) course within 3 years

5. Start flight training before summer and get my private pilot's licence.

Lots to do, but I'm really enjoying having a bit of focus and some goals. The flying thing will be my reward. Instead of bad food or beer, I will reward myself with money put aside for flying.

Cheers!

CJ

• Like 2

Welcome aboard.  As you may have noticed, there is a contingent of UKer's on board.  Checkout the Meetups group to see if any are around.

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Hello! I am new here, too, but everybody seems great so far. :peaceful:  Flying sounds like an excellent reward!

We eat good food, cooked from scratch, but too much, and way too much pasta etc.

I identify with that one a lot! My husband and I are total foodies. We always cook from scratch, but we've both struggled with weight because of large portions and too many carbs. And beer and wine. But at least by knowing how to cook, you are ahead of the game when it comes to changing your diet! At least that's what I keep telling myself . . . 

Hey! Fellow Brit here * big cheery wave* there's a fair few of us about, like Wildross said, chech the meet-ups section, and there's a thread in The Pub called Come On You Brits, it's worth posting a hello in there. :D

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously