Forums are back in action! ×

Hey all,

I've been meaning to get involved in these forums for quite a while after being a long time fan of NF. Glad to finally take the plunge.

I'm a 25 year old designer/online entrepreneur based in the UK.

Been lifting weights very on-off for the past 3-4 years, but taking it much more seriously in the last year.

I've been using the Stronglifts 5X5 iPhone app to make good progress, although I'm now at the stage of plateauing somewhat.

It's already getting to the stage of eagerly awaiting the gym, and loving the progress being made though (which is something a few years ago I never would have thought possible).

I'm naturally pretty slim and tall (awful proportions for weight lifting), and whilst I've bulked up to an extent, would love to cut a little fat and gain around 15 pounds of muscle. More than that, I love focusing more on strength rather than size, as tracking those increasing numbers is awesome.

Aims here:

- Increase strength

- Learn to increase intake of clean calories (this is a bit of a sticking point, as it seems to be so much effort force feeding yourself in this bulk!)

- Improve form of all exercises

I'm buying Starting Strength today, which should help with all of the above.

Looking to connect with other fitness nerds and stay motivated. It seems like a great community here. :)

• Like 1

Hey, welcome here.  For tips on long and tall and lanky lifting, check out bigm141414's threads/posts.  He's 6'4", 215# and deadlifts over 500#....

• Like 1

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Hey tomross! Fellow Brit here *waves hello* from up north in Scotland. We've got a thread in The Pub to say hi, called Come On You Brits or something like that.

Where are you based?

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Well of course you did, it's grrrrrreat! :D

I think there's a few folk down your way, might even be someone near by. Check out our thread for a Scottish meet-up too. Good excuse to come back for a visit???

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously