Forums are back in action! ×

Finally becoming an adult ^^

Hey Rebels! 

I am a 22 year old female, 143lbs and  5’1â€. I graduated from University last year, and Ive had a year off. My family is going through intense transitions with my dad going into surgery for a Liver transplant. My parents both have chronic dietary problems, they are not severely obese and they don’t have extremely unhealthy diets yet they have so many problems.

I realized that since high school I’ve never really had any fitness goals and architecture school was so stressful that I began accumulating bad habits. I’m at this huge transition where I’m ready to be an adult and take on responsibility.

Next fall I’ll be going to graduate school at Harvard, and while I’m extremely excited I’m also very worried that i’ll continue with bad lifestyle choices because of stress. 

I’ve been on the NerdFitness plan for about 3 weeks now, but I didn’t want to share my story until I was confident that I was going to stick to it. In this time I have lost about 5 lbs and I’ve been working out daily. My diet is Paleo-ish, I’m mainly bread and grain free but I’ve been having junk food related cravings recently so ill have a piece of chocolate or a bit of rice at lunch every couple of days.

I’m in a huge transition in my life and in the life of others around me . I’ve spent the last month at  a Mayo clinic town helping my dad recover from surgery, this means making all the meals for my family everyday (It has given me amazing practice on quick healthy meals!). From there I will travel to over 4 different countries this summer and I need to be strong and capable of keeping a good routine wherever I am. 

These are my goals: 

Avoid hereditary health problems and live longer.

Have better energy levels everyday so I can work for more hours without getting exhausted.

Be as beautiful on the outside as I think I am on the inside :P.

Give myself a solid foundation for life with good habits. 

I will:

Lose 18lbs before september

Reach 15% body fat

Get really strong

Manage cravings and my energy levels

Have some bigger aim like a marathon

Be comfortable playing group sports and do that more often

Fit into a size 8 pair of jeans and size S overall

Any advice on my goals and tips on keeping a healthy routine through tough times and traveling are so welcome!! 

Looking forward to being a part of this community :D!!

Rawan

Also I'm doing the Bodyweight level 1 workout 3-4 times a week and interval training in between. 

I feel that the Level 1 workouts are kind of easy, even when I add 10 more reps in a set but I'm not sure if I should move up before finishing the workout plan.

I also have train on my knees form the treadmill and I would really like an alternative for my Interval training days. 

Any advice?

Thank you :)!

Rawan

Hey! Wow, that's a LOT going on in your life right now. Kudos to you for still finding time to make the changes that you've already implemented.

I think the secret to keeping on track when things are tough is to break everything down into small manageable goals. Accept that you can't do *everything* and set your sights on just the stuff that's really important to you. At the end of the day it's better to make small changes now that will stay with you forever than to jump in with both feet only to lose motivation a moth down the line.

I won't ever go back to eating the way I used to. It's just second nature to me now. I'm not paleo, but my diet is healthy and nutritious, it supports my goals, and I like it. <-- most important thing right there. And I've managed to maintain that through a very traumatic period in my life, so yeah. It works.

Keep up the good work, and see you around!

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously