Forums are back in action! ×

Hello, my name is Nika and I'm 35 years old, from the UK. I've been trying to lose weight and become healthier for many years and always seemed to manage well for a while but then hit a barrier, go back to my old ways and regain the weight. I had started once again this year with eating fewer calories, exercising more and losing a bit of weight when I discovered Nerd Fitness a few weeks ago. I was immediately hooked! All the advice here made so much sense when I thought about the difficulties I had been facing.

Since reading the articles, I have now begun eating mostly paleo (plus dairy) and I am feeling great! I get to eat as much as I want without worrying about counting any calories - I love veggies anyway so it really suits me that way. I used to have a terrible sweet tooth and would try to work biscuits and things into my daily calorie allowance but then go crazy wanting more and more! Now I just say "I don't eat those" and I don't even have to think about it. Different foods like raspberries and yogurt are tasting so much better than they ever used to as well.

I have now lost 17lbs since January 1st, from 158 to 141 (I'm 5'5") and I am feeling really fit and healthy. In addition to losing weight, since I went paleo I have lost more of my body fat % than I did before through a calorie deficit alone. I also got my PB in a 5k on Saturday - 27.02 down from 32.36 in January! Next time I'm aiming for sub-27!

I've chosen to be a Ranger because I love running but I also want to build up my strength and agility. I basically want to be like a real life version of my Monster Hunter character :) My son is 11 in 2 days time and I want to make sure I am fit and healthy for many many years to come. I look forward to joining in with the next six week challenge!

• Like 1

Level 0 Wood Elf Adventurer