Forums are back in action! ×

Hi!

I've been hanging around NF for a few days after hearing about it on a business podcast of all things. My health lifestyle has been the typical roller coaster over the years, and for a while I simply gave up (thank you congenital knee problem that completely depressed me). Finally it hit me that I am soon to be a wife and eventually mother. I can't let certain circumstances be an excuse for doing nothing.

For the last three months I've been consistently exercising again and feeling incredibly proud of myself. Diet? Well, it's getting better as I go. Definitely a work in progress over here, but every day is a chance to be better.

I've been looking at different online communities for health and fitness, but they are either way too competitve-minded or way too into what the scale says for me. I'm looking to get stronger and healthier. For once the scale is not a concern. In fact, I haven't been on it in over two months. So when I heard about this place called Nerd Fitness, I knew I just had to check it out. It sounded like heaven really. And I was so happy to find that it's a supportive community with the same overall goals I'm trying to focus on.

My journey will take a good long while, but that just makes it a better story, right? I can't wait for the next six-week challenge to start and to get to know y'all.

—SnowBerry

P.S. Did the Angry Birds workout this morning. Loved it!

• Like 1

Tweet me, please: @ladysnowberry

Elf | Aspiring Scout | Level: 0 | Battle Log | First Challenge

STR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0

3.5%
3.5%

Hey! So glad you found this site, it genuinely is everything you said. Well done for all the changes you've already made and congrats on the "soon to be a wife" status. ;)

Hope to see you around

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously