Forums are back in action! ×

Leveling up my life, one barbell at a time.

Game started January 2013

Starting Stats:

Name: Stephanie

GamerID: Steph, TheStephil

Height: 5'7

Weight: 180lbs

Current Stats:

Height: 5'7

Weight: 150lbs

Body Fat: 25%

How I've Leveled Up: I decided that I was unhappy with my weight last January and it was keeping me back from trying something new that I really wanted to try; cosplay. I wanted to cosplay as Erza Scarlet from Fairytail but I was too shy about my appearance. I had a convention coming up in May and I knew I had to do something. I was no stranger to diets but nothing had ever stuck. I started doing research to find out what I could do to lose weight in a healthy, manageable way. I learned about my TDEE and ate at TDEE-20% (and later 15%) and started experimenting with different types of exercise. I started with DVD workouts, moved on to running (ran a 5k!), tried cardio classes, hiking, body weight routines, weight machines and finally barbell lifting. I fell in love with hiking and Stronglifts.

GAME OVER!: At the beginning of February my boyfriend and I moved to a new city. I moved 2 hours away from my friends, family and my gym. I absolutely loved my gym and the environment was very welcoming and comfortable. I started working from home and spending all day alone. My socially awkward nerd self came out and I became a hermit. I wouldn't leave the house unless my boyfriend was with me. I continued to eat correctly for the most part and didn't gain any weight but my strength was slowly dwindling away.

Regeneration time: After almost two months of feeling sorry for myself and hiding away inside my bubble something clicked. I don't know why but I decided I had to force myself out of my comfort zone and get back on the fitness track. Lifting made me feel confident, strong and happy.

That brings me to why I'm here. I've used myfitnesspal and I love having the support system of friends there but I'm looking for a community with more like minded people. I've had to start over with the weight on my lifts but I've still made a lot of personal progress on my fitness journey and I want to continue that journey here. I love the idea of 6 week challenges and the real life roleplaying that this site has. The information here is solid and the forums are full of helpful people. I'm very excited to become apart of this community.

~Steph

• Like 4

Welcome Steph!

Congrats on the results you have had so far, don't let the last few months steer you off course.  You have made the most important step in the fact you realized what was wrong and want to get back on track.  The community here is outstanding, don't ever worry about asking any questions, there are so many people from soooo many backgrounds and at diffent places in their training that almost anything you want to learn there is someone with that knowledge.  I hope you find a new place here and make some friends, NFer's are a differnt breed and some of the best people I know are on this site!

I look forward to seeing you level up and reach your goals!

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

Welcome to the Rebellion!  Glad you decided to come out of your bubble after 2 months.  I moved 10 hours away from my family and friends and it took me at least a year to feel more confident and get back to my fitness goals.  You'll find lots of friendly folks here.  Where are you working out at now?

Check out my still-fighting-it-battle-log 

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison