Forums are back in action! ×

NF, Paleo, DC and Me.

Hi, my name is John and I am 53, soon to be 54. I am an ex-bodybuilder who let years of inactivity take me from 280 pounds at 9-10% body fat to 270 pounds now at 25% body fat. It is hard to look at myself and still expect to see the old me, but I swear that I will see that guy again.

I found NF after finding Mark's Daily Apple and the Primal Blueprint. I have started phasing into a Paleo style of eating and am using what I learned in the Academy for the mental aspects of staying on track and accountable. I LOVE to lift heavy things, have a great strength base established and honestly it has been my diet that is my downfall. For years I followed a very strict bodybuilding diet, 6 meals a day, tons of protein and carbs, little to no cardio and to be honest, I have used steroids in the past. They have taken their toll on me and now I am on lifelong TRT. 

Most of you are familiar with NF and of course Paleo, but the DC part of my thread name is from a training style from a good friend, Dante Trudel who goes by the screen name Doggcrapp (yes, it started as a joke but has stuck). Dante is a training genius in my mind, a wonderful husband and father and owns a very successful company yet finds time to share his philosophy with the world on his training system. DC revolves around heavy weights, rest-pause sets, static stretching and lifting as heavy as possible. I know that by fine tuning my diet following Steve's philosophy, the writings of Mark Sisson and the Primal Blueprint and the training style of Dante that I will reach my goal. No longer wanting to be HUGE, my goal is to be a strong 220 pound man instead of the current 270 pound fat guy.

I have a crazy sense of humor, respond to criticism that is constructive very well, love feedback and will always help anyone who is sincere in their desire to be helped. I am thinking that eventually I will look to join the Warriors, but honestly I don't really understand the whole concept of this so I need to read more.

So, there is me in a nutshell. Former fit guy turned fat guy who will be a fit guy again. 

Thanks for taking the time to read.

• Like 1

"If you look at the bar loaded with a ton of heavy slag iron and say to yourself that lifting this is gonna be fun, you are out of your mind and DC training is perfect for you" -

Dante Trudel

Welcome. Your goals sound totally realistic and, as a former bodybuilder, you probably have the knowledge and discipline you need to get there. All the best!

Thank you Prairie, appreciate the well wishes.

"If you look at the bar loaded with a ton of heavy slag iron and say to yourself that lifting this is gonna be fun, you are out of your mind and DC training is perfect for you" -

Dante Trudel