Forums are back in action! ×

Hello All!  It's been roughly a month now that I have started working out in a gym with one of my close friends from church.  This will be the first time I have been serious about getting back into shape(leveling up) since 2009.  I'm pretty familiar with many of the moves and processes involved in exercising, however, I do think I did buy in heavily into the prevailing thoughts of split sets and supplementation as the way to a healthy body.

Luckily, I stumbled onto Nerd Fitness a few months ago while doing some research into Cross Fit for a buddy of mine.  What I read is stunning when all you have really been taught is that you need vitamins, hours of cardio, and specialized personal trainers to gain the strength and body that you want.  It was intriguing, informational, and entertaining so I have continued to read and investigate through this site and other recommended sources.

After doing the basic bodyweight workout for three weeks, we decided we wanted to do something different.  We found a full body workout routine on bodybuilding.com (there was no progression and it was done entirely on machines) but it really wasn't cutting the mustard.  Plus, it took far too long to do the routine.  We did discover that we enjoyed getting stronger and lifting weight.  So I've found the Strong Lifts Program and App off of the Nerd Fitness site.  I'm looking forward to getting stronger and seeing what kind of gains are made.

I look forward to working with you!

• Like 2

"For me life is continuously being hungry.  The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer."  Arnold Schwarzenegger

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Welcome to NerdFitness, Kwisatz!  We're stoked to have you on board! 

Congratulations on taking the first steps toward awesomeness--researching, lifting weights, and a month in the gym are great achievements!  The next NF "challenge" begins on April 14th.  Will you be joining us?  You'd kick butt for sure!

Respawned Level 1 Rebel 

STR: 1  STA: 3  DEX: 2  CON: 1  WIS: 3  CHA: 2

Challenges: current!

Thanks Ginger!  Yes, I fully intend on participating in the next NF challenge.  I'm also working on getting my buddy to sign up.

• Like 1

"For me life is continuously being hungry.  The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer."  Arnold Schwarzenegger

Despite my nerd life filling my household my wife was still befuddled by my screen name.  I'm hoping to have some interesting challenges based around the journey of Paul to Muadib.  I'm aiming to have some real fun with it.

albeus, you're in Austin?  I'm in San Antonio!  I noticed that there are meet ups in the Austin area time to time?  Have you been to any of these?  

Best of luck with the Tough Mudder!  I am no runner.  I have short little legs and a long torso, so running is needlessly difficult for me.