Forums are back in action! ×

Insert creative introduction title here

Hello everyone!

I've been browsing over this website for a few days and I decided to join the forums.

I'm a cosplayer though currently I'm mostly involved in Japanese street fashions at the moment. I'm also an artist, webdesigner, and general nerdfayse. And I just celebrated my 3rd 29th birthday a few months ago. Hah.

Currently, I'm 5'4" and about 150lbs. However, I'm down from 215lbs which was my highest weight several years ago. Though I hovered anywhere from 180-200 for several years until 2010 when I decided I wanted to lose weight. I've been off and on. My first round, I went from 195 to 160, but unfortunately a job promotion, less time to make meals, and added stress encouraged me to get back into bad habits. I gained about 15lbs back over the course of a year or more. Then in 2012, I started again and went from 175 to 150. Thankfully, I managed to maintain my weight for most of last year (only gaining a little here and there and then losing it). I decided it's time to get the last bit of weight off of me.

My goals are to get my body fat percentage down to about 18-20%. Mostly so I can do all those cosplays I've always wanted to do but didn't feel confident enough to do back when I was 200lbs.

So anyway, pleased to meet everyone! :D

• Like 1

Hey! Well done on the weight loss, that's pretty amazing, you must feel fantastic! Woot!

What's cosplay like? I live MILES from anywhere (seriously, you have to drive for an 1hour 45 mins just to go to the cinema!) so never tried it out. Sounds cool though....

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Hey! Well done on the weight loss, that's pretty amazing, you must feel fantastic! Woot!

What's cosplay like? I live MILES from anywhere (seriously, you have to drive for an 1hour 45 mins just to go to the cinema!) so never tried it out. Sounds cool though....

Thanks! It took a lot of time but I'm pretty happy with how far I've come!

It's a lot of fun! I started years ago, but it's partially about crafting something from nothing and partially going to conventions and being a goofball with other nerdy fans and making good friends. If there's any conventions remotely close, you should go! They're worth it! Even if it's a distance. I sometimes go 8-12 hour drives to various conventions throughout the year. One time I travelled across the country to attend one. :3

Whoa! That's dedication! :D

Acting like a goofball???? Oh yeah, that's right up my street. ;) I think I'll ask my cousin, he's into all kinds of RPG stuff, maybe he goes... I'm determined that I'm going to try Larping with him this year, that looks just too cool. He lives in Leeds though, so it genuinely is 5/6 hours drive to get there. Good excuse to go for a weekend though...

What kind of costumes do you have?

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Welcome to NF and congrats on your past success with weight loss!  You now at least have a good idea of what works for you that you can build on here. 

I like the motivation of pulling off the cosplays you have always wanted to.  I hope you find what you are looking for here to help you achieve your goals.  This is a great community that is full of knowledge and always ready to answer your questions or to just provide support so never hesitate to ask for anything!

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

Whoa! That's dedication! :D

Acting like a goofball???? Oh yeah, that's right up my street. ;) I think I'll ask my cousin, he's into all kinds of RPG stuff, maybe he goes... I'm determined that I'm going to try Larping with him this year, that looks just too cool. He lives in Leeds though, so it genuinely is 5/6 hours drive to get there. Good excuse to go for a weekend though...

What kind of costumes do you have?

I've never really gotten into the larping thing. But then again, I only really get in character when I pose for pictures, doing a skit in the costume contest, or goofing around with friends if we're all in something from the same series. But I'm sure that's really fun. :)

I've done a lot of costumes from video games (Final Fantasy and Xenosaga mostly) and a few anime series, mostly older series.

But since I was losing so much, and I tend to wear my costumes for a few years after I make them, I decided to get into Japanese street fashion to wear at conventions because they're made to fit both small and larger sizes due to elastic in them. But since I'm really close to where I want to be, I'm starting to make some new costumes so hopefully, I won't have to alter them too much. :)  It just sucked when I poured a lot of time into a costume and the 2nd time I wore it, it was just too baggy. I guess that's a good problem to have!

Welcome to NF and congrats on your past success with weight loss!  You now at least have a good idea of what works for you that you can build on here. 

I like the motivation of pulling off the cosplays you have always wanted to.  I hope you find what you are looking for here to help you achieve your goals.  This is a great community that is full of knowledge and always ready to answer your questions or to just provide support so never hesitate to ask for anything!

Thanks! I'm mostly looking to build more muscle tone right now and burn off the last of the fat. I'm also trying to change my diet. It's just pretty difficult when living in a shoebox apartment with no counter space to cook on. My husband and I eat out so much. ;_; But miraculously, I've been able to keep my carbs down to around 100 the last few weeks and my calories 1200-1300 even with eating out for one meal most days.

Ha! That's nothin! I got you beat on the "no kitchen space" thing. I live in a static caravan. I have about a foot square of work top space. My "kitchen" is also the hallway, lol! It's a fine art prepping a meal, you gotta get a rhythm going between you or it's just utter chaos! :D

Good luck with the costumes, will you post up some pics once you've got them finished?