Forums are back in action! ×

Hey everyone!

I live in Brooklyn and work over in NYC at a startup. I found this site while looking for some advice about getting in shape for your wedding. I'm getting married in October and am looking to clean up both my body and my habits. I've never been a big fan of gyms ("Are you looking at me? Are you also looking at me? You all are, aren't you?! Everyone in this gym is looking at me! YOU ALL KNOW THTA I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DOING DON'T YOU! OH MY GOD, I MUST GET OUT OF HERE!").

However, I do well with routines and instructions, which I'm finding in abundance here at NF, so I've decided to get plugged into the scene here. All the LOTR references didn't hurt either!

Speaking of references - when I'm not trying to shape up, I'm a big fan of all things LOTR, those (always) classic Dragonlance books, pulp and weird fiction, old time sci-fi radio, Jeff Smith's Bone and pretty much every Legend of Zelda game! Oh, and it's probably worth mentioning that I'm a vegetarian.

I thought if I started to get plugged into the community, it would be a good way to keep myself accountable for my progress! I'm gonna start a thread on the Battle Log board to keep myself even more accountable to the people around here! Don't be a stranger if you have questions or just want to say hello, especially if I'm dragging a$$ on getting into shape!

- Until October

• Like 2

Hi there! I'm getting married in October too (the 23rd). It definitely helped wake me up to my health. And I absolutely don't want to be one of those brides who loses a ton just to gain it back six months into the marriage. Here's to us kicking butt and taking names!

Tweet me, please: @ladysnowberry

Elf | Aspiring Scout | Level: 0 | Battle Log | First Challenge

STR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0

3.5%
3.5%

Welcome to the rebellion... I'm just as green as you are, but then that is part of the fun of the Nerd community, right?

I too have never been a big fan of going to the gym.  I'd rather run outside than on a tread mill.  

Consider the bodyweight workouts in the academy.  I just started today and no need to pay for a membership or wait for equipment to free up, and best of all nobody watching.  Oh yeah and you can play your own music as loud as you want... bonus.

Good luck on the goals and the wedding

Level 2 Rebel
STR: 5    DEX: 1    STA: 7    CON: 6    WIS: 4    CHA: 4

"The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place, and I don’t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward."

Latest Challenge

Challenge 1

Welcome aboard and good luck.

Every newbie thinks they are being watched in the gym and in truth nobody is looking although I avoid the free weights room in case someone is looking lol.

It's never to late to be the person you always wanted to be.

The voice in your head telling you that you can't do it is a damn liar.

Endorphins, the best high you can have.