Forums are back in action! ×

Gotta get down to business

Hi! I'm Axl. I'm 18, from the UK, and I've got 80lbs to lose. I currently weigh 209lbs and I am 5ft 2.5in tall (guess the height genes just completely ignored me - my sister is half a foot taller than me). I don't think that's too much of a daunting number, but for doctor-endorsed Personal Reasons which I'd rather not go into, I have to lose that 80lbs in the next 16 weeks. That's 5lbs a week. I have lost weight at that rate before (last year I lost a stone in 3 weeks before giving up - but I didn't have this horrible deadline hanging over my head then) so I know it's possible, but there's one major obstacle in my way. Eating's not really a problem - I eat healthy and the right amounts - the problem is finding ways to exercise. I have serious social anxiety, so I can't go outside to exercise. I need to find an exercise that I don't hate, which I can burn 1300 cals doing every day. Last year I basically just did about 90 minutes of Zumba dance, every single day for three weeks, but I absolutely detested it and that definitely contributed to me not sticking to it. I like the beginner bodyweight workout and can do all of it except the pushups just fine, but that's only about half an hour or something every other day. Hopefully some of you wise guru types out there can help me out - I'm also hoping that some proper accountability can help put me on the straight and narrow.

• Like 1

Hi and welcome!

I just got to react a bit to your post, first off all, 5 pounds a week for 16 weeks does not sound healthy at all to me. o matter what any doctor says that sounds like crazy talk to me. 1-2 and maybe stretching to 3 lb. sounds a lot better for your body. Also exercising 1300 kcals also sounds like a lot for the body to handle with exercise even though off course it is doable! 

I do not want to sound like a nagger I just had to get that down in writing in this thread. Anybody is free the debate what I just wrote though =)

In other news, I think you have come to the right place! Both for strategy  tips and also for accountability and support, this is one great place! Again, welcome aboard!

Lincarte - Level 3 - Dwarf Warrior 

Str: 7 | Dex: 1 | Sta: 3 | Con: 6 | Wis: 3 | Cha: 5

Squat - 120(~265 lb.) | Bench - 95(~209lb.) | Deadlift - 190(~419 lb.) | Total: 405(~893 lb.)

PvP:The 800 club - Daily Battle Log - #3, #2, #1