Forums are back in action! ×

I'm real life super hero who needs advice!

Hey there! Im Brandie! :D

I guess you want to know a little about me right? Well, Im 20, 5'3 and currently 160 pounds (almost my heaviest weight ever). I currently work with the mentally and physically handicapped which is why I believe Im a real super hero!

I was a cheerleader throughout school, I even spent this past football season coaching in Florida. Cheering is the only sport (yes, it is a sport) I participated in during school. Ive always been a gym phob, I sweat a lot. I spent more gym periods in the nurses office than in the actual class.

I found NF when I was living in florida around October (right after my friends and I decided to dress up as the Avengers for halloween) which got the wheels in my head turning.

I moved back home to NY to be with my ex husband (yeah, weird I know, and by weird I mean awesome) we got gym memberships and were going a few days a week whenever we felt like it. We became more serious with the strength training for about two months then I got bored. I finally convinced him to start powerlifting with me! The first time I did a dead lift my life changed. I cant even explain it; my whole world just came together :angel: .The same thing happened when I did my first barbell squat and bench press. I guess you can say I fell in love with the bar instantly. We've been doing powerlifting training for about two weeks and for the FIRST time ever I have some definition in my arms! I feel 100% better and I have to fight myself to leave the gym, or drive by it. My life is complete now, the missing pieces have been found!

Ill put up our workout plans so I can get some feedback! Now on top of these I like to go and do cardio almost every night (except leg days) and by night I mean I literally go around 1am because no one else is there and i can be a sweaty mess all by myself. I usually do atleast a half hour on the eliptical.

Monday and Thursday                        

• Barbell squats                       
  • Front squats
  • Butt Lifts
  • Seated calf raises

Tuesday and Friday

• Barbell bench press
  • Dumbell bench press
  • close grip barbell bench press
  • Tricep push downs

Wednesday and Saturday

• Barbell deadlift
  • upright barbell row
  • Back extensions
  • Barbell curl

As of right now, April 1st my max numbers are:

Squat: 145lbs for 4 reps (I dropped it a little too low on my 5th try and couldnt get up) :miserable:

Bench press: 65 for 5 reps, 100 for 1.

Dead lift: 110 for 3 reps, 145 for 1

Weird numbers I know, but thats just who I am so why would I have more "normal" numbers?

Now, Im just a beginer, I still have tons of questions and would LOVE any feedback, advice etc. Thanks in advance to all my fellow Nerd Fitness lovers!

• Like 3

Welcome to NF, if you are looking for lifting guidence and knowlodge you have come to the right place!  There are many knowledgable folks in the warriors guild that are always looking for more people to "lift all da heavy thingz".  I would recommend you jump into the lifting section if you have not already ( http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/forum/85-powerlifting-and-weightlifting/ ) and absorb all the knowledge.  There is a form check area as well if you ever have questions and post a video so others can help, and they are always up for answering any and all questions.  I know nothing of lifting, hence pointing you towards the professionals :)

I'm glad you life is going well, I hope it continues that way for you and you find all the help and encouragement you need her.  NF is one of the greatest and most willing to help communities I have seen.  So welcome to the hern nerd! 

PS: love your pic and you are a superhero for working with the hanicapped!

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge