Forums are back in action! ×

A bit of progress!

About two and a half weeks ago, I started going on a calorie restricted diet (1200, but some days I think I did about 1400 or so). All was going well and I dropped about 8lbs during that time. But then one week ago, I started cutting breads and pastas out, and started working out more. Although I gained a few lbs of muscle, I dropped about 1-2" off my measurements in one week. But my weight is still the same as it was last week. Haha, it's okay though.

I'd like to start eating clean or trying out paelo for awhile. I'm doing something somewhat similar, but I eat out a lot right now. I need to actually go grocery shopping. But what I've been doing has been working! Yay!

Also tested my body fat finally and I'm at 29.5%!

At this rate, I'm definately going to hit my weight loss goals by summer!

I should get around to taking some progress pictures to show how I look now compared to what I looked like at my highest weight (215lbs down to 150lbs)

Wow, well done. 215lbs down to 150lbs, that's impressive! *highfive*

Though your weight and body fat are pretty similar to mine (I'm 5'8", ~155lbs and ~28% bf) and I'm hitting around 2300kcal a day, and steadily dropping the bodyfat% (not rapidly mind you) Your 1200kcal is nearly half of what I'm eating. Is it just a short term "cut"?

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

It's pretty much short term. I'm a little more sedentary than I'd like to be, but right now i'm putting a lot of my extra time into crafting and drawing for an upcoming convention where I'll be having a vendors table. x_x Keeping calories down has usually really helped me in the past. But I'll need to start upping them once I really start strength training. I'll probably do that once I get down to 25% body fat. For now the calorie cut is working well. It's just really hard to get calories going low-carb. I've found that I have to snack on nuts a lot to hit the 1200 minimum.

Today is my cheat day though. It was nice to have some pita bread. I might go out for some frozen yogurt later since it's been 3 weeks since I've allowed myself any sugars that didn't come from fruit.

• Like 1