Forums are back in action! ×

Gearing up for the next challenge...again!

Hi, all. I have joined my first 6weeks challenge somewhere in November last year. Unfortunately, I was too overwhelmed with everything else in life or to be specific...my divorce which was finalized in that same month. But to be honest... I think the real reason I did not finish it because I wasn't doing it 100% for myself.  

I have always been an active person during my school years. I was in the field & track team and also representing my school in basketball, netball and hockey tournaments. I am 5‘4 and when I was 12, I was already at 57kg. By 18 when I was at college, I was at 64kg. I have a big frame for an Asian standard. On second thought...let's just make it Sabahan standard. Haha. (p/s: Sabah is in Malaysia).

So anyways...that was when I met my ex. Two years later, we were married and I had my first child in year 2002, another kid in 2005 and the youngest in 2010.  

Yes I did let myself go bad physically and yes, I was always at 90kg to more than 100kg. To make matter worse....I hate make up...I hate to dress up....Ill wear clothes that is comfortable to me even if I'll look drab in it...or to summarize everything : I don't give a damn about how I look. Why? Because I think, people will love me for who I am. No matter how I look like (Shrek, anyone?). And so the ex fell in love with another woman. Heartbroken? Yes. But life goes on.

In the end, I have to fight tooth and nail for the divorce because the ex wanted to reconcile. And this is why I said, I wasn't doing my first NF challenge 100% for myself. I was trying to show my ex that I can do anything I want to do. Because I started to take care of my appearance... going out to the gym...bought new clothes ( how amazing new clothes that fits you well can do to your image)...use bright lipstick ( haha...I looked years younger!) .... and dyed my hair with strong colors ( I used to only dyed my hair with subtle colors)...and the list continues... So yeah. I wasn't doing it for myself. And the reality of the divorce is something that only someone who has ever went through with it knows what I'm talking about. Im not saying it was very hard...but definitely ain't easy. Especially when there are kids involved. *sigh*  

Alright. I think I've blabbed a lot. This time around...I'm gonna stick with the community because I want to always level up in life until "game over". I'll just say that my main fitness goal as of right now is to lose weight. How do I achieve this? Regular exercise and controlling what I eat. ^^ Cheers, everyone! May the force be with us!  

-ER-

Level 2, Half-Orc, Adventurer

STR 3, DEX 1, STA 3, CON 3, WIS 3, CHA 1

ernahr's 2014 Daily Battle Log  

6 Weeks Challenge : Current , 1st

Starting Weight (Nov'13) = 115kg / Goal Weight = 67kg / Current Weight (June 18th, 2014) = 99kg

13.9%
13.9%

PvP 20lbs Weight Loss Challenge

0%
0%

Just do it for yourself in fact become the best "you" that you can.

I will admit this is shallow but I really REALLY enjoy seeing people who I have not seen for a while and seeing the looks on their faces.

The husband of a friend of my wife left her for one of her friends, she was unfit and drab, now she is fit and trim dresses really well whilst her ex friend has let herself go. She tells me that when her ex calls for the kids she just loves to shove the new her in is face.

It's never to late to be the person you always wanted to be.

The voice in your head telling you that you can't do it is a damn liar.

Endorphins, the best high you can have.

Just do it for yourself in fact become the best "you" that you can.

I will admit this is shallow but I really REALLY enjoy seeing people who I have not seen for a while and seeing the looks on their faces.

The husband of a friend of my wife left her for one of her friends, she was unfit and drab, now she is fit and trim dresses really well whilst her ex friend has let herself go. She tells me that when her ex calls for the kids she just loves to shove the new her in is face.

Lol. Yep! It's the same for me. Except that I'm still morbidly obese. Haha.

At least, I look better from before. I know...still a long way to go for me to achieve that ideal weight tho. (57-67kg range).

I will be the best of me!

Sent from my Lenovo S920_ROW using Tapatalk

-ER-

Level 2, Half-Orc, Adventurer

STR 3, DEX 1, STA 3, CON 3, WIS 3, CHA 1

ernahr's 2014 Daily Battle Log  

6 Weeks Challenge : Current , 1st

Starting Weight (Nov'13) = 115kg / Goal Weight = 67kg / Current Weight (June 18th, 2014) = 99kg

13.9%
13.9%

PvP 20lbs Weight Loss Challenge

0%
0%