Forums are back in action! ×

Hey All!

I came across this site by chance and it's won me over; I love the setup! Decided to join and be a part of it to keep up motivation levels and level up!

Though remaining fairly active, years of studying and being sat in front of a computer for long hours at a time have taken their toll.

I've been watching ALOT of Hajime No Ippo in recent weeks and seeing him dedicated to training has inspired me to stand up and do the same.

Lately I've been noticing that I'm getting slower and feel heavier in my movements. I want to rectify this.

The aim is to get stronger, faster and leaner. From the successes I've seen on here, hopefully being a part of the community will help me achieve this :)

I've been attempting to change my ways over the last 3 weeks. I started Insanity for 2 weeks, but it's boring doing the same cardio exercises everyday and it's hard to get motivated when it's dull. Not for me.

I enjoy sports and bodyweight exercises so have decided to tailor towards that.

So here starts my journey at Level 0. I'll be posting my progress here as a log to myself and see where I go.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. You all seem awesome and I'm proud to be apart of it.

LET'S GO!

• Like 1

Level 1 Ranger

STR: 1 DEX: 1 STA: 1 CON: 1 WIS: 1 CHA: 1

I may be short, I can do this!

Welcome on board. We've just finished one of the 6 week challenges, so you're joining just in time to get a feel for the forum before the next challenge starts.

It sounds like maybe the Monks might be the guild for you if you're interested in boxing/fighting but you can learn more about that in the Start Here thread. It's got all the information you need

You can start your very own Battle Log to chart your progress. Check some of them out in the Rebellion Headquarters to get some ideas.

You'll find lots of help and advice on these boards. It's a really supportive community.

Good luck :)

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Ippo is a great source of inspiration! Never back down and always go forward. It sound like you got a plan down and a lot off motivation! The next challenge starts on Monday, lets do this!

Lincarte - Level 3 - Dwarf Warrior 

Str: 7 | Dex: 1 | Sta: 3 | Con: 6 | Wis: 3 | Cha: 5

Squat - 120(~265 lb.) | Bench - 95(~209lb.) | Deadlift - 190(~419 lb.) | Total: 405(~893 lb.)

PvP:The 800 club - Daily Battle Log - #3, #2, #1

Thank you Truetopath, I have a feeling I will too :)

Thanks Guzzi, I'm looking forward to get stuck in :)

I did contemplate the monks, but from reading the descriptions, I feel I fit in more with the Rangers for now. Bit of everything; strength, endurance, mobility.

We shall see how it goes though.

That sounds like a good idea, I'm going to head over there and make my first post :)

Hey Lincarte, I love how people here know who Ippo is! Just reinforces how great it is to be here :) Monday it is! I'm getting pumped!

• Like 1

Level 1 Ranger

STR: 1 DEX: 1 STA: 1 CON: 1 WIS: 1 CHA: 1

I may be short, I can do this!

Hey van_d how have things been going? Your post is one of the first ones I read when I joined the forum and I liked your comments about Hajime no Ippo and have been following you since. Just wanted to check to see how things were going. I saw in one of your other posts that you injured yourself and wanted to see if you've recovered.

Have you been watching any other inspirational anime? I've finished up the third season of Hajime no Ippo and I'm hoping there will be more. I've also been watching Yowamushi Pedal / Yowapeda, an anime about a small anime nerd that has a talent for biking and joins his highschool biking club. This is the one that got me to get on a stationary bike and ride nearly every day.

Viking Adventurer

Battle Log: Bearlee is ...