Forums are back in action! ×

Ready to not just "lose weight" but to get fit!

Hi All! I'm FirstMateNora, and I've just joined up because I've never been truly fit in my life. I've been in a "healthy" BMI before, and am again now (having recently lost 25lbs through mostly diet alone and a little bit of cycling), but I've never actually been strong or able to run a mile. My goal is to get into really good shape, be able to run a mile and I want to take up Krav Maga or BJJ, as soon as I'm in a place that offers classes. Currently, I'm getting my masters in the UK and I don't have access to much besides aerobics classes and a gym. I'm finally taking the plunge and going to make headway. I'm excited for the 6 week challenge, as I find it easier to keep on top of my health when I have a specific game plan. 

I've recently started eating much cleaner, not just lower calorie. Working on cutting out gluten wherever possible, and I juice every day as well! (Just veggies, I know what's good for me  :rolleyes-new: ) I'm adding more protein into my diet now, since I was kind of light on it before. I am really enjoying it so far, and I want to keep it up for the long run. 

Stats:

26/f

5'6"

149 lbs

• Like 2

Lvl 2 Gray Elf Assassin

My Challenges: 1, 2, 3

STR 3 - DEX 2 - STA 5 - CON 3 - WIS 6 - CHA 3

"The secret to getting ahead in life is getting started." - Mark Twain

Hey!!!! Another Brit, yay!!!

Don't worry, you'll get there.  I have never been what I would consider "fit" in my life, until now. I'm running my first "official" 5k at the end of the month, I can deadlift my bodyweight, squat 50% of my bodyweight, and I'm getting ever closer to that elusive pull up...

If I can do it, then you can too.  Especially with all of these guys (and gals) behind you.  There's just so much support and motivation here, it's just amazing.

Good luck!

Ps.  We're organising a weekend long get together in Scotland at the start of October, check out the thread in the International Meet-ups page.  ;)

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously