Forums are back in action! ×

Hi,

I am new here on the forums but been stalking NF for a few months now.  My prime fitness hobby is running but my goal is to get stronger in general (strong girls rock) through strength training.  I love fitness but I hate gym culture, no offense to those who like it, its just not for me.  I am not paleo but I try and eat clean (aka real food).   

• Like 2

Welcome Rhea!!!

I do work out in a gym SOME, but am mostly focusing on bodyweight training for strength ... and I'm working on getting ready for the summer fun 5Ks!!  What distances do you do?

• Like 1

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

I've mainly done 5ks.  I have a 10k coming up and my goal is the do a half marathon in the fall :) My main issues with the gym are the vanity (I workout for my health) and the artifical ness- chrome and steel.  Summer fun runs are good :) just gets too hot :( oh well just another challenge to overcome.  I was tempted to go to gym for weights but I decided i'll buy my own for now :)

• Like 1

Wow.  I did a half marathon some years back - and would like to go for it again.  It's a nice challenging distance, and there are some great runs available. 

I have to say that my gym doesn't suffer from too many vain workout bunnies of either gender.  People are pretty focused and get down to business ... it's just finding a time when it is not too busy these days.  I'm glad people are working out, but it can be intimidating trying to work out when it's crowded. 

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

Gyms are kinda overrated.  For about a $50 - $75 investment (I don't quite remember, it's been a while) I walmarted about 130lbs of free weight plates, and my bedroom smells much better than any gym I've been to.  I've been off and on with paleo myself, I think just cooking for yourself with actual real food is a great first step.  Good luck in your progress.

Level 2 Rebel
STR: 5    DEX: 1    STA: 7    CON: 6    WIS: 4    CHA: 4

"The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place, and I don’t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward."

Latest Challenge

Challenge 1

Nice to have yet another runner on board.

As for gyms the members are mostly just people doing their thing you do get a few dickheads of course but in my experience they are a very small minority.

It's never to late to be the person you always wanted to be.

The voice in your head telling you that you can't do it is a damn liar.

Endorphins, the best high you can have.