Forums are back in action! ×

Well I suppose I could actually introduce myself...

Being that I've been posting at least a week at this point. Oops.

I'm 24 years old, and putting my life back together. I tended towards letting it pass me by, without a second glance or a how-do-you-do. NOT ANYMORE!

I just got my license, and my first car. I have a wonderful boyfriend, who I live with, and a decent job. My job and car will allow me to go back to school for great success!

In January I started working in the local hospital's Outpatient Oncology department. I love the patients that I get to work with on a daily basis. It's amazing. However, It's a treatment facility and a doctors office. Doctors offices = Drug Representatives = Free Lunches. Free Lunches = 20lb weight gain in about 6months. I went from about 148, to around 168 at my biggest. I want to be healthy again, I miss taking care of my body, and I promised myself before I'd never let myself gain that much weight again.

On a side note, despite what my profile picture may lead you to believe, I am not a fan of snakes. In fact, had you been in the room with me while the picture was being taken, you would have seen the fear in my eyes. HOWEVER, I do live with a snake(the one in the picture!) so after 10 months(at that point) of living with her, I took it upon myself to attempt to make friends. It went well enough, and since then, I haven't picked her up.

Wow this was longer then I planned!

NO MORE AFTER THIS I SWEAR.

Seriously!

(Edit: Wow, I thought I rambled on much longer then I actually did)

I suppose I can go on to say that I've been lifting weights for a few weeks now. I'm trying to get settled on a good work out, because as of now I kind of do a cluster(EH-HEM) of things when I go to the gym.

I'm down to 163lbs, and have been here for a few weeks, but I am noticing changes. I have my first arm muscles, which is fantastic. My calves are amazing, my thighs are getting so much better. As a lover of anything with sugar in the name, I've turned into someone who says no to cookies more often then I say yes. My bagel for breakfast every morning has turned into eggs with bacon/ham/sausage(which I should probably skip the last one). I like to put feta cheese and spinach in my eggs when I do omelets. It is more difficult when cooking for two, and the second person still wants their carbs. It's a lot of compromise.

And as a drinker of beer, I do find that a bit more difficult to give up, but I can't say I don't indulge that love once(or twice) a week.

I'm also a lover of parentheses(and don't ask me why, because I'm not too sure myself.)

And thanks Loren Wade :)