Forums are back in action! ×

Hi there everybody.

I'm 30 years old, from Singapore, and I'm an engineering lecturer at a tertiary institution.

I can't say I've been totally unfit my whole life, but I've hit a rather debilitating mental plateau that I can't shake off.

I've been doing long-distance running since 2007, but my interest in it has been waning, though I still take part in three to four marathons and half-marathons per year. My personal best timing has tanked at 4 hrs 45 min, and I couldn't even meet that timing in my last two full marathons.

And unfortunately, I've been neglecting my core and upper body at the same time, and right now I can only do one to two chin ups.

I came across this site while I was Googling for ways to get my motivation back. With the support of the people here, I sure hope that I can find my old touch.

My goal for this year? To do six chin-ups and to get 4:30 for a marathon in December this year.

Here's to a great 2014.

• Like 2

Welcome to the Rebellion!!!  You've come to the right place.  Have you checked into the 6-week challenges?  You'd start in Level 1 Rebels to get going and then join in with the Scouts (you crazy bunch of long-distance runners) after the first challenge.

The new challenge starts Monday - instructions are linked at the top of this page ... but let us know if there's anything we can explain or help you with!!

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

Welcome to the party, good goals, good luck.

Level 2 Rebel
STR: 5    DEX: 1    STA: 7    CON: 6    WIS: 4    CHA: 4

"The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place, and I don’t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward."

Latest Challenge

Challenge 1