Forums are back in action! ×

Squat muscles

maybe you need to check your form: feet shoulder width apart, knees not going past your toes, head and chest facing forwards, natural arc in your back and push through your heels with your feet flat on the floor.

a good way to correct your form is to stand in front of a chair and without using your hands etc just sit down... then stand up again, must times when i've told people how to do a squat if i get them to do this they've got pretty good form even if its abysmal when i try to get them to just squat, also try to remember that its, 'ass back and down not knees bent' (you still bend your knees of course but your for form its all in the hips)

squats are compound moves so they train multiple muscles, mainly quads and glutes but also your core, hamstrings and a little bit of your calves

When you do a compound movement for the first few times, the muscles that will feel sore are those which are underdeveloped. The gluteals generally (I found) were underdeveloped with me, so when I was doing all of my compound movements I found that my butt was feeling it the most. Not because I was doing the exercise incorrectly, but because my butt was significantly weaker than my quads/hamstrings. The good news is that those muscles will catch up the quickest.

I've come to realise that without a signature, people tend to ignore the last line of whatever I say, this exists to rectify that