Forums are back in action! ×

Newbie here...excited about my future!

Hello! Let me start of with saying I love this site. I've been reading it for the past 3 weeks and it has completely changed my life. For the past year I have been on a quest to improve my being all around with a strong focus on weight loss. I have lost 35 lbs in a year...not bad but not the best I can do either. I have about 100 more lbs to lose. I have had a lot of setbacks and hiccups but I just keep going. I will never give up trying to be healthier.

I work a desk job and to make matters worse I also work the graveyard shift. It's a constant fight to get the rest I need but I do it because it's important.

I never thought I would go the Paleo route but I've seen the results and I'm sold. :) It isn't a hard adjustment for me to make...I cut out sugar and white flour 6 months ago and I rarely eat grains anyway...just cereal and oatmeal sometimes. Anyway, I've been eating mostly paleo for the past 2 weeks with the exception of last weekend when I was traveling and I gorged myself on sugar and carbs...lets just say I felt very sick afterward.

Anyway, I'm excited to be here and I'll need your support! I'm excited to join the next challenge and I'm trying to figure out what goals are going to be. I'm adjusting to the idea of "appearance is a consequence of fitness" idea and I'm pretty much set. Letting go of the lbs lost idea is hard but also extremely freeing. I know that if I just focus on getting stronger and more fit my body will fall into place and look good!

MyFitnessPalWhatever you are, be a good one. - Abraham Lincoln