Forums are back in action! ×

The Pushup Quidditch Cup (Live Game Thread)

And just for the record...T2Sarah and Christ-Tien made me do it!

That, and trying to ...well, there's no way I can outdo WildRoss...but, at least I can keep the momentum going!

BFD - I love you! You have kept me doing pushups...and I am getting stronger!  Thank you, Man!!!

• Like 1

In His hands and Under His wings, Phil 4:13; Is 40:31; Jer 29:11
 Adventurer by choice

Just because I forgot that YOU were on the OTHER team!!!  You and my traitor husband!!! LOL

It had nothing to do with the fact that I love you and want to encourage you!  LOL

Our opponents are our truest friends - they push us to be better!!!  :positive:

• Like 2

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

Our opponents are our truest friends - they push us to be better!!! :positive:

Nice! That is what kept me doing push-ups even on my death bed. ( not really death bed felt like it! )

Hufflepuff is not even playing against Gryffindor this round. Just wait to see when I am at full strength and WR and I talk some serious smack to Chris-Tien and ChristArtist. Boo yah!

• Like 2

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

LOL - this week was a case of dogged persistence for me as well.  I'm looking forward to next week!!

• Like 2

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

Nice! That is what kept me doing push-ups even on my death bed. ( not really death bed felt like it! )

Hufflepuff is not even playing against Gryffindor this round. Just wait to see when I am at full strength and WR and I talk some serious smack to Chris-Tien and ChristArtist. Boo yah!

Ha. .. my strength is growing. ... bring it on!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Adventurer by choice

The results of game 1 are in! Remember that this was just an exhibition game and that none of these scores will carry through to the next rounds.

Game 1 results:

- Hufflepuff beats Gryffindor 2501 to 100. May have had something to do with their robotic seeker. Just sayin'

- Slytherin beats Ravenclaw 107 to 0. A close game that came down to some great Seeking by ORazor and excellent Keeping by Elastigirl

Honourable mentions for this round:

1. Yuen: Wow. Just Wow.
  2. Phylanx: Had it not been for Yuen, he'd have been unbeatable
  3. ORazor: Broke 600 points as Seeker!
  4. Elastigirl: 466.5 saves (shutout)! Well done.

There were some other great efforts out there, and I'm pleased to see how many of us stuck with it!

The regular season starts on Monday, US time, so keep limber. There will be a new scoring system, some rule changes, and positions will be re-assigned. 

I'll be writing out the rules, assigning positions, for the remaining games, etc. today or tomorrow (Easter's being very rude and interrupting my NF time!).

Don't forget to take a bit of time for yourselves. Rest up, eat well, and enjoy some family time if you can.

Again, well done, everybody! Happy Easter!

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

giphy.gif

Well done Slytherin!

BFD: As a pedantic point and I know it doesn't matter to the score but, I scored 100 points in the last match.  I didn't do all those push-ups for my health you know ...... oh wait..... :P

• Like 1

Level 11 Morgana Scout

STR 14|DEX 11|STA 31|CON 11|WIS 23|CHA 19

Current challenge:  Talvi makes tactical decisions | Epic quests: 2015, 2016 | Running instalog: new_tracks_to_follow | Previous challenges: -2 -1 etc...

Greetings Quidditch players!

As promised, here are the rule amendments for the next 5 weeks' games:

Rule amendments:

1. No more caps
  2. There will be no more Seekers. 
  3. The Snitch: see below
  4. Scoring has changed: see below

Scoring Amendments

1. All players are required to do a 60 second AMRAP, using any pushup variation(s) before playing
  2. Each player's beginning AMRAP score will represent their 'scoring set'
  3. To score points, player must complete a full set equal to their Scoring Set value
  4. Each completed set is worth 10 points
  5. Keepers still offset points, Chasers still score points, and Beaters still choose who to offset against

Point Calculation Example

• Player BarefootDawsy has a 40 point AMRAP
  • During the game, BarefootDawsy completes 83 pushups
  • 83 / 40 = 2 sets completed = 20 points.
  • The remaining 3 pushups are lost if not used as part of a new set. BarefootDawsy could do an additional 17 pushups before the week is up to gain an additional 10 points for completing a set.
  • Note that sets of pushups do not need to be completed at once. The total number of pushups for the week will be the value used to calculate points.
  • Players who failed to do an AMRAP test will be assigned a score (at the moment 20 seems fair)

The Snitch

From this week, we have abolished the Seeker position. To keep somewhat in line with HP Quiddtich, however, we're going to have a Snitch. Since many players here have expressed their ignorance and/or ambivalence of Harry Potter, I thought it fitting that the Snitch will be a Harry Potter trivial question asked by a member of one of the other teams (yay! right? right? crickets?). The first person to answer the question correctly will win an additional 100 points for their team. 

To get the ball rolling, I will be asking the first question. It will go out to players of the Slytherin vs Hufflepuff game. The winner of the Snitch Question will be responsible for asking the Snitch question of the Ravenclaw vs Gryffindor game. The winner of that question will ask the first question the following week, etc. Hope this makes sense.

Google, etc will be permitted for answering the questions. For those of you who don't know much about HP, don't worry, there are heaps of great HP trivia sites out there (again, Google is your friend). 

Player Movement

It seems that we lost Salty along the way :( To even things up, I've moved one of the Ravenclaws over to the Hufflepuff team. I made a random roll, and @Chillkröte was picked. So, Chillkröte I'm afraid, you'll be swapping your blue jersey for a yellow one. Best of luck on your new team! Ravenclaw will miss you :(

Game 2 (the first 'official' game) will start at midnight, US Eastern Time, and carry on until Friday at 11:59pm. If you haven't submitted a 60 second AMRAP score yet, of if there isn't one recorded on the spreadsheet, please complete it before Monday and let me know what your score was.

• Like 2

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

I do have one request - isthere somewhere that we can SEE each other's scores?

I do hope the new scoring will balance out Yuen's robotic abilities...though, @Yuen, YUEN are a mazing!!!! I want to grow up and do pushups like you! I should help my swim!!!!

BTW - Phalanx - I'm so honored to have you on team Gryffindor!

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Adventurer by choice

(sorry for being Mr. Specific)

Dawsy, can you elaborate on the beaters job...

Do they only negate the efforts of keepers and chasers (aka: can't score, just block chaser scores or counter keeper blocks)?

And how do they switch targets? Can they target one person per day? One person per post (with multiple posts per day)? Or only one target per game?

To find piece with myself
I must first find a piece of myself

Greetings Quidditch players!

As promised, here are the rule amendments for the next 5 weeks' games:

Rule amendments:

1. No more caps
  2. There will be no more Seekers. 
  3. The Snitch: see below
  4. Scoring has changed: see below

Scoring Amendments

1. All players are required to do a 60 second AMRAP, using any pushup variation(s) before playing
  2. Each player's beginning AMRAP score will represent their 'scoring set'
  3. To score points, player must complete a full set equal to their Scoring Set value
  4. Each completed set is worth 10 points
  5. Keepers still offset points, Chasers still score points, and Beaters still choose who to offset against

Point Calculation Example

• Player BarefootDawsy has a 40 point AMRAP
  • During the game, BarefootDawsy completes 83 pushups
  • 83 / 40 = 2 sets completed = 20 points.
  • The remaining 3 pushups are lost if not used as part of a new set. BarefootDawsy could do an additional 17 pushups before the week is up to gain an additional 10 points for completing a set.
  • Note that sets of pushups do not need to be completed at once. The total number of pushups for the week will be the value used to calculate points.
  • Players who failed to do an AMRAP test will be assigned a score (at the moment 20 seems fair)

The Snitch

From this week, we have abolished the Seeker position. To keep somewhat in line with HP Quiddtich, however, we're going to have a Snitch. Since many players here have expressed their ignorance and/or ambivalence of Harry Potter, I thought it fitting that the Snitch will be a Harry Potter trivial question asked by a member of one of the other teams (yay! right? right? crickets?). The first person to answer the question correctly will win an additional 100 points for their team. 

To get the ball rolling, I will be asking the first question. It will go out to players of the Slytherin vs Hufflepuff game. The winner of the Snitch Question will be responsible for asking the Snitch question of the Ravenclaw vs Gryffindor game. The winner of that question will ask the first question the following week, etc. Hope this makes sense.

Google, etc will be permitted for answering the questions. For those of you who don't know much about HP, don't worry, there are heaps of great HP trivia sites out there (again, Google is your friend). 

Player Movement

It seems that we lost Salty along the way :( To even things up, I've moved one of the Ravenclaws over to the Hufflepuff team. I made a random roll, and @Chillkröte was picked. So, Chillkröte I'm afraid, you'll be swapping your blue jersey for a yellow one. Best of luck on your new team! Ravenclaw will miss you :(

Game 2 (the first 'official' game) will start at midnight, US Eastern Time, and carry on until Friday at 11:59pm. If you haven't submitted a 60 second AMRAP score yet, of if there isn't one recorded on the spreadsheet, please complete it before Monday and let me know what your score was.

Couple of questions

Are the points values still the same for the pushup variation (pushup 1 decline 2 etc)?

My AMRAP points are for hindu's but I want to switch between those and regular so is this how it would work

my AMRAP= 30 , I do 6 Hindu's + 15 regular=10points ?

Thanks Dawsy for all the work you are putting into this to make it work. Very fun!

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

My AMRAP points are for hindu's but I want to switch between those and regular so is this how it would work

ya, that's valid. You can use any combination of push-up variations and their respective point values to reach your AMRAP (AKA: score set, AKA 10 points towards your team)

• Like 1

To find piece with myself
I must first find a piece of myself

(sorry for being Mr. Specific)

Dawsy, can you elaborate on the beaters job...

Do they only negate the efforts of keepers and chasers (aka: can't score, just block chaser scores or counter keeper blocks)?

And how do they switch targets? Can they target one person per day? One person per post (with multiple posts per day)? Or only one target per game?

Good question...I think a little clarification is definitely in order.

Basically the Beater's job is to interrupt the abilities of the other players. Here's the role broken down: 

• You can target as many different players as you like and split up your points between them however you want.
  • You can either do this by announcing who you're targeting when you post your points, or else, you can split up your total points at the end of the week. (Thinking about it, I'd prefer the latter for simplicity).
  • By default, if no targets are selected by the Beater, then their points will be allocated equally across all targets on the opposing team.

But I like being a chaser!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Don't worry, you're a chaser for this game, and twice more before it's all done ;)

• Like 2

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

Couple of questions

Are the points values still the same for the pushup variation (pushup 1 decline 2 etc)?

Thanks Dawsy for all the work you are putting into this to make it work. Very fun!

Yep, What Phylanx said ^^^

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)