Forums are back in action! ×

Getting back after it...

I made a lot of very slow progress over the past year and a half, and I stalled out back in April as I adapted to a new job. Now it's time to get moving - regain momentum.

I work an office job, and I am expected to present and sell - as much as I possibly can. This is my motivation - confidence in front of an audience. It's vital that I look and feel my best if I want to sell. I hate to say it, but the way people look does influence a sale, and I am far from fit.

In addition to this, I have a wife and a son, and I want to show them the world and camp and explore the outdoors, etc. I like Robb Wolf's mantra - performance, health and longevity. It's time to finish the work I started.

Today was great... until the end of it. My family has done so much to accommodate my decision to eat Paleo, but today was rough. Lots of BBQ sauces and Dove Bars in front of me. I took 3 bites of these foods and avoided them pretty much the rest of the day. By my math, only 30-ish carbs, but it was from dairy - not good for my body.

Time to read and then get some real and quality sleep.

Okay - I missed a couple days of updates, so here I go. On the 7th, I had another great day of eating clean and stayed right around 1,800 calories. I can already feel the benefits - my voice is clearing up, pants a little looser, great energy levels and solid sleep (easier to get to sleep) at night.

TODAY, on the other hand, is a different story. I had a PERFECT day, and then at dinner, I was with clients and they are all drinking beer and eating burgers. So, what do I do? I try to drink "paleo" (no such thing) and order a vodka and soda - the best leanest, lowest carb thing I could think of (and still enjoy). Then I don't want to stand out too much, so I order slider-burgers and kip the salad. That means lots of cheese and I ate the buns. This was about 5 hours ago, but I still fill it churning in my stomach and my heart rate is a little higher. I am a little bummed. I have a buddy who is also in sales and also tries to eat clean. I am going to get some advice from him on how he handles client events.

No reason to feel defeated - this is a learning opportunity.