Forums are back in action! ×

challenge goals - need help?

One of main goals right now is to drop some body fat. It might sound incredible, but out of 92lbs., 23% of it is body fat. I want to start with hitting 18% and then work from there, but I'm not sure what the best way to go about it.

"Throughout the centuries there were men who took first steps down new roads armed with nothing but their own vision." - Ayn Rand

welcome to real life | bitch be cool

One of main goals right now is to drop some body fat. It might sound incredible, but out of 92lbs., 23% of it is body fat. I want to start with hitting 18% and then work from there, but I'm not sure what the best way to go about it.

For what it's worth, 23% is actually on the low end of "healthy" for women. By all means, lower it if you really want to, get fit, and all that. But the way your post is worded, it sounds like you're horrified by that number when, really, you don't need to be. At all.

:)

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." --GK Chesterton

Domine, non sum dignus ut intres sub tectum meum, sed tantum dic verbo et sanabitur anima mea...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jbaileysewell

One more question: if my goals are in conflict (which it sounds like they are) and my priority order is:

1) Run the half marathon. (Regardless of time. I don't need to PR this one.)

2) Body re-comp.

[...]

Where could I "give" in my other goals to help achieve better results with the body recomposition? Lift less heavy? That doesn't seem right? Run slower when training? Fewer long runs and more intervals?

If you are training for a half marathon, that will entail a lot of running obviously, so losing weight shouldn't be an issue at the stated calorie goal you listed. Your main goal with the strength training will be to preserve muscle so more fat is loss than lean muscle.

Lift as heavy as you can, as often as you can. Back off intensity of weights if you feel it causing you to fall behind in your running work.

Repairing a lifetime of bad habits...

http://nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?1406-Goal-Setting-A-Quick-How-To&p=53121#post53121

Instead of going with a goal of lowering your body fat percentage, maybe you could go with goals that would lead to a lower body percentage.

This will be my first challenge too. I was going to have a lower BF% to a certain number but I like this idea more.

Goals:

Ten consecutive pull ups. I'm at 2-3 right now. Not sure if 10 is too much to expect in 6 weeks.

Eat under 100g of paleo approved carbs per day been eating paleo for about 3 weeks now. Im not very good at track how much of each nutrient I'm eating or should be eating. So I'm curious to know how much Im taking in now and then adjust to fit my <100g goal.

run for 30 minutes without stopping (in my VFFs)

Calm the spirit,

sharpen the mind,

make savage the body.

I believe Spezzy will be posting the official forum sometime tonight. As you can see, some people have posted goals here, but I think it's mostly for advice on the goals.

yup, up now!

thanks for everyone's patience, got called into work this weekend unexpectedly!

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”