Forums are back in action! ×

Hi everyone,

I've been reading the articles on the site for a while now, and subscribe to the email list.  Over the last almost-year I've incorporated bits and pieces of advice into my lifestyle to make some changes and they're working out pretty well so far.  I've been resistant to getting more involved for a couple of reasons; the first being I'm a cautious, skeptical, scientific guy, who wants data before making big changes, and the second (and let's be honest here, more powerful) reason is that I'm apparently an Underpants Gnome.

I've been doing a lot of work travel the last few months and it's really wreaking havoc on my body - my diet is regressing, my physical activity (such as it was) is curtailed, and my sleep patterns are totally off-kilter.  I need to get back on track and so I was doing a bit more reading the other day.  I checked out the forums to see what other kinds of tidbits I could uncover and, lo and behold, I timed it just right to get in on the next 6-week challenge!

This decision is a bit sudden for my usual tastes.  Yet, given my self-recognition as a dreaded Underpants Gnome, it seems there is no better cure than to set a small plan and see it through for a few weeks, to gather some data and get past the dreaded ????? step.  And it's not as if I don't know what's going wrong for me and what my immediate fitness goals are, so why not just go for it?  Thus, here I am.

It looks like my next step is to check out the challenge FAQs and see what I need to do to get started on Monday.  Looking forward to seeing how this all works out for me... here's hoping it's the start of a lifelong change!

• Like 1