Forums are back in action! ×

Video too big, how do I shrink it?

Hello.

I am trying to upload a video of myself and it's too big.  I can't figure out how to shrink it or what to do to get it in my challenge thread.

Please help thanks.

. I am Elder . Woosah . Sunshine . Plants . Fur babies . New book smell . Cinnamon . Pepperoni Pizza .

Hey Elder. 

What do you mean "too big"? Do you mean this in terms of the video's resolution, or its file size? I'm suspecting it's the latter? Also as I'm not aware, what is the maximum size (file size or/and resolution size) that a video can be on these forums? 

What program are you using to export/finalise your video?

If you're using a video editing program of some sort, whether it's Adobe Premiere, Sony Vegas or hell, even Apple's iMovie or Windows Movie Maker, there will be a way to export your video so that it's smaller in terms of file size and even overall resolution if you desire. Remember, the smaller your file size, the lesser the quality will be. 

If you can, I'd recommend trying to find a "for web" option in regards to the video export. The program you're using should be able to cut the video down to size for you to upload it to the forums. In regards to file format, if you're looking for something to make your video smaller but still decent in quality, I would suggest Windows Media Player. 

In all honesty we need more information to try and help you but I hope this helps regardless. Please let us know how you go. 

Yaaaaa..........I was having issues uploading a video to one of the threads, then tried to do it to my gallery (2mb max file), then someone else helped me and it's all good now!  I ended up uploading it to youtube and then found the "Special BBCode" button beside the font selection and was able to put it up that way.

Thanks for the info though.  :D

. I am Elder . Woosah . Sunshine . Plants . Fur babies . New book smell . Cinnamon . Pepperoni Pizza .