Forums are back in action! ×

Hi Everyone! It's time for me to stop lurking and introduce myself to the rebels.

I'm female, 23, with a small frame but a tendency to carry fat in the hips/thighs region. I've been struggling with my weight since I was five. As a kid, I could easily polish off 5 slices of pizza at birthday parties and a whole sleeve of cookies from my day camp's snack stash. It wasn't until I started college that I was able to control my weight with a combination of severe calorie restriction and running 25/30 miles a week. I felt terrible most of the time, but at least I was thin, and that was good enough for me.

Not only is this method of weight control no longer realistic with my 9-5 (7:30 really) schedule, but I am now much more conscious of my diet's effects on my health. I want to feel good and look good and after trying several different diets (vegan and high raw vegan among them), I've ended up here at Nerd Fitness.

I've been eating strictly Paleo for nearly a month now and have just started the work outs. There are many things I hope to accomplish with this new lifestyle. I'll share two:

Short Term - do one pull-up.

Long Term - proudly wear shorts in public.

Good luck to you all!