Forums are back in action! ×

I'm ready for the next level.

Dear NerdFitness,

First of all, thank you for being here and for being awesome. You are the most supportive community I've ever seen. I saw Steve's Health@Google talk and was really inspired; I've also passed it along to most my female friends (Spezzi's story blew all of their minds; my friends used to have the "I am not going to lift weights because I will get huge and disgusting" mentality). You guys make my friends and I want to take our fitness to the next level.

A bit about myself: I'm a fourth year university student majoring in math and minoring in physics; I'm an Asian male, 5'8", about 143 pounds, trying to get stronger. I've done a bit of dancing (e.g. lindy hop / hip hop) and swimming in the past, but nothing too serious, and I'm now looking to get into rock climbing.

Anyway, I hope you'll let me join you on your epic journey of self improvement; if so, I look forward to the journey: to the friendships, to the hardships, and to the triumphs.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 2 Assassin

-------------------------------

STR: 7.0 | DEX: 7.0 | STA: 1.0

CON: 2.0 | WIS: 4.1 | CHA: 2.0

-------------------------------

Current Challenge | Battle Log

welcome, darkstar! actually, i'm here because a friend shared spezzy's story with me. i already knew that the whole female-bulking-up thing was a load of crap, but i was inspired by her story to go heavy weights...something i knew i loved but when i talked about it people looked at me like i told them i was thinking about taking up crack-smoking. her story inspired me to get educated not just about lifting, but about eating, about lifestyle choices...movin' on up, as they say.

you're right about the community here. everyone is so helpful and encouraging. plus, anytime someone starts hatin' on my barbells i come back to this forum for inspiration (wishing that i had had carjack with me to suggest a 'creative' way to tell that someone to shut the hell up).

again, welcome. so glad you're here.

Welcome Darkstar!

I took up rock climbing myself about a year ago, and love it. Interestingly enough, my fitness routine really only exists now because of rock climbing, when I decided I needed more strength before I could tackle tough climbs. I think it's a great sport to inspire fitness because you need strong muscles, and as little deadweight (fat) as possible. You'll come across some nice looking women as well ;-)

Welcome to the rebellion!

- Grey