Forums are back in action! ×

Crossfit newbie and American Ninja Warrior in training

Hello!

I recently joined a Crossfit gym and plan on training to tryout and compete in the 2015 American Ninja Warrior season. It has been a long time dream for me and one I plan on making happen. While researching nutrition and crossfit and other methods of training, I discovered Nerd Fitness. I'm excited to learn as much as I can here.

Thanks,

FluidFreedom

• Like 1

"Absorb what is useful. Discard what is not. Add what is uniquely your own."   -Bruce Lee

If Daryl Dies We Riot!!!!

Welcome to the Rebellion!!!  Awesome goal.  I love watching the American Ninja Warrior and would love to see you on the screen.

With that as a  goal, I recommend you check out the Rangers (http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/forum/357-rangers/) since CrossFit is a common goal for many people in that guild. 

Of course, if you're interested in participating in our 6-week challenges, you should first check out the Level 1 Rebels training area to get used to how things work here - then transition to whatever guild fits your goals best. 

Let us know if you have any questions!!!  It's a friendly and supportive bunch here. 

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

Hello!

I recently joined a Crossfit gym and plan on training to tryout and compete in the 2015 American Ninja Warrior season. It has been a long time dream for me and one I plan on making happen. While researching nutrition and crossfit and other methods of training, I discovered Nerd Fitness. I'm excited to learn as much as I can here.

Thanks,

FluidFreedom

Welcome!

With American Ninja Warrior as a goal, imma hafta point toward the Assassin Guild as a good fit. :) I love that show. As the rock climber contestants have shown - while there are various skills involved - the primary needs are pull-up, grip, and core strength/endurance to do well on it.

• Like 2

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano

Wow, another Ninja joins the rebellion, Welcome!

I also have a goal to some day compete in Ninja Warrior, but for me it will likely be 2016/2017, so we won't be competing (at least not 2015 :))

Hope that you post a challenge so we can all watch your progress and perhaps give each other some pointers.

• Like 1

Level 3: Ninja

Current Challenge with the Druids (Nov 2nd-dec 13th)

Every man I meet, is my superior in some way. In that, I learn of him. Emerson

Thanks Swedish Ninja.  It's been a goal of mine for a while. I'm hopijng to be the first female American Ninja Warrior! I joined the most recent challenge and I have big plans! I will be posting in my thread every day to update my progress, show my workouts, nutrition and over all progress.

Good luck to you on your journey a well.

"Absorb what is useful. Discard what is not. Add what is uniquely your own."   -Bruce Lee

If Daryl Dies We Riot!!!!