Forums are back in action! ×

Hi, all. I'm Stephanie, and I came across NF a few months back, when I was reading up on the Paleo diet and beginner's workouts. I liked the articles I found on the site, and I kept coming back. It wasn't until now that I decided to join.

My (not-so) intriguing back story. When I graduated high school, I weighed 220 lbs. at around 5'4". It wasn't fun, especially when people made fun of me. But here's what happened: I started losing weight when I went to college, and I decided to keep it up. At my lightest, I was 135 lbs., but my calorie intake was so restrictive that I stopped feeling good at all. I won't get into the details, but it was a difficult time in my life. I became depressed, started eating, and went up to 160+ lbs. within a few months. Splat.  :onthego:

Right now, I'm 158 lbs., and I want to get down to 135 lbs. again. But, I want to do it in a way that is healthy, sustainable, and body-positive. That's why I came to NF; I thought you'd be able to help me on my journey.

I'm about to graduate from college (oh no, real world), and I want to feel good about myself as I enter my mid-twenties. So much of my time is spent making excuses and loathing my body, which isn't helpful to me at all. The flip-flop in weight also means that I'm not as toned as I'd like to be.

Here's where I am in terms of fitness: I can (mostly) survive interval running and yoga, but I can barely do five sit-ups without feeling like I'm about to die. My diet is all over the place, and I move between eating either one meal a day or ravaging anything in the fridge like a bear. Any suggestions or resources you can offer in terms of introducing gradual changes to my diet would be much appreciated.

Also, how does one "work out"? All I've ever done is run at the gym, but I feel like there's more to it than that. Tips for making work outs work with your schedule?

Help. 

Also, fun fact: I don't really nerd-out on video games, so much as books and music. I'm one of those hipster types that's 2 cool 4 u with my Grizzly Bear playlist on Spotify. (But I secretly play Legend of Zelda: Four Swords and Animal Crossing.)

Hey.

Your back story sounds a lot like mine, so I'm going to be following you around like a creep.

Have you ever tried structuring your meals? I'm sure I don't have to tell you different strokes for different folks, but it might be a good place to start. Or it could be completely incompatible with your schedule/lifestyle.

Anyways, welcome.. and good luck!

P.S. I was just searching for a cute Isabelle picture to add to my post and most of them were of her half-naked and tied up. My life is ruined.

Level 1 fuckin' Gargoyle...

STR - 1; DEX - 0; STA - 0; CON - 3; WIS - 2; CHA - 4

Challenge: #1

Hey.

Your back story sounds a lot like mine, so I'm going to be following you around like a creep.

Have you ever tried structuring your meals? I'm sure I don't have to tell you different strokes for different folks, but it might be a good place to start. Or it could be completely incompatible with your schedule/lifestyle.

Anyways, welcome.. and good luck!

P.S. I was just searching for a cute Isabelle picture to add to my post and most of them were of her half-naked and tied up. My life is ruined.

I'm fine with you following me around. You mean I'm not unique? Damn. I better revisit my playlist. Thanks, and I'll look into structuring my meals.

Now I have to know what you found on Google. Update: Yeah, that's accurate.