Forums are back in action! ×

Hi everyone,

I'm Piro, 34, 6'3" 182 lbs (+/- a few on any given day)

Bio: 

My fitness kick was motivated almost a decade ago (wow i'm feeling old-er right now) for the only real reason to me at the time; a woman.  Fast forward to present day, I'm married (5 years), found complacency and contentment and proceeded to get unfit.  I was hit with a bout of kidney stones last September and I gotta say that pain like that is near unfathomable.  New motivation: kidney stones, or the prevention of.

Since September 2013, I've cleaned up my diet and gone from 198 to a low point of 172 (thank you Nerd Fitness and the Paleo diet!) and have started to add (muscle) weight back on.  Currently, I'm strength training with the simple exercises, deadlifts, pullups, squats (bleh!), overhead presses, bench press, more pullups and more deadlifts. 

Goals, long term:

My long term goal is to get to where I'm deadlifting 2x body weight, 25 pullups (I did 18 yesterday!) and bench press 1.5x body weight.  I figure if I can get these in line, most everything else will fall into place too.

Short term Goal: 

I'm cruising for my 5 year anniversary soon and am trying to cut what belly fat I can to get those abs to show.  To do this, I'm limiting my calories between ~1500 and ~2000 each day and working out in a fasted state as often as possible.  After the cruise, I'll be going back to a weight gaining diet trying to pack on the pounds.

• Like 1

Welcome dude!

I agree with your thesis, by reaching your goals, you have to be very fit and don´t carry too much dead weight.

Although, I do not agree with "squats (bleh!)" :) Squats are awesome and i think you should think about getting them into your goals.

But great to have you onboard!

• Like 1

Level 3: Ninja

Current Challenge with the Druids (Nov 2nd-dec 13th)

Every man I meet, is my superior in some way. In that, I learn of him. Emerson

Oh I do squats, and I do have goals for them (as I do for every exercise I do)  but my focus is on deadlifts and benchpress.  I just dread squats for whatever reason.  I suppose that should be my next goal after I accomplish my target on the deadlifts.  Get those squats up to par!  Thanks!!