Forums are back in action! ×

HereBeDragons, beached explorer

Hey there! Basically, my friend showed me a link to the NF guide to the Paleo diet a while back. I took a look at it and concluded, "waaaaaay too much effort, ugh."

But at the same time... I couldn't really get it out of my head. Or this site, in general.

I'm a 22 year old female, I'm 1.58m and 46kg, which works out to 5'2 and 101lbs. I was at my physical peak back in high school, partly because there was a culture of hanging out and playing sports, and partly because I was in the outdoors club. I did quite a bit of kayaking and rock climbing and hiking, so I could easily do pull-ups, a mile in 10 or 11 minutes, and jump a clean 2m horizontally.

This is the bad stuff: since college started, I haven't really had the time to be in any clubs. The nature of my major is such that most of us are under a constant, almost abusive level of stress, and often lack sleep. It's also pretty common to eat at terrible times or to skip meals entirely. Fast food, obviously, is a thing.

What basically happened for three years was that I would physically deteriorate throughout the semester, spend the holidays pulling myself back together again, then repeat the cycle with the next semester. Because I got sick of this endless cycle of emotional and physical abuse, I took a gap year from school, and will be returning for my senior year in the coming fall term.

SO (I'm sorry for how long this has been) basically:

Main Quest:

- get a steady exercise routine and maintain it over the school sem

- cut useless things from my diet

- get awesome at rock-climbing

Side Quests:

- ... learn how to swim

- do 5 pull-ups (I can do... 1 right now ;_ ;)

- strengthen my useless core
- increase my jumping distance/height

I hope this is an okay first post! Thanks in advance for any advice you guys have :D

• Like 1

Hey! Welcome on board. Those look like some really positive first steps. It's hard to fit an active life in around such an intensive study program, but I'm sure the benefits will be huge. Exercise is a great stress reliever, helps you sleep better, and releases endorphins. Win win!

Love the climbing goal! I've tried it a couple of times and thought it was really fun, must do more of that...

Anyway, glad to hear you're joining up, hope to see you around. :D

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously