Forums are back in action! ×

Hello there! 

I'm Ceto, I'm 26 and freelance as a theatre technician which did mean long and awkward hours followed by a few days with nothing. In those working hours my diet would be terrible but I always thought it was balanced by the constant running around and lifting of heavy things. After a few years of doing that I felt like crap! Not too long ago I was made full time with a theatre company, regular hours, regular time off, time to have a decent lunch etc.

Most importantly I started Roller Derby last year and LOVE IT! But I realised that I have a lot to work on and not just skills wise. Physically and mentally I could be better. Then I found this place and the stars seemed to align! Nerds and fitness? I'm there! So any tips for Roller Derby specific fitness would be most appreciated :) My ultimate endgame would be to play for Team England as a double threat (jammer and blocker) and have a picture of Stef Mainey *sigh* as my desk top wallpaper to motivate me. Both positions need explosive power and masses of core strength. I also need to improve my mental game, focus, peripheral vision, quick gameplay decisions. So I'm thinking somewhere between Monk/Druid (what is that, a Shaman?) with maybe a dash of Assassin.

Right, I'm heading over to the Level 1 challenges to post my own 6 week challenge :)

See you on the front lines,

Ceto

• Like 2

Ceto Lvl 3

Race: Half Elf / Half Dwarf | Class: Ranger

STR 4 || DEX 6 || STA 3.5 || CON 4.75 || WIS 6 || CHA 3

Run 5km - PB 32 mins 30 secs

Run 10km - PB 63mins 13 secs

Deadlift - PB 3x10 @55kg

Benchpress - PB 3x10 @54kg

Narrow Grip Pull Downs - PB 3x10 @45kg

Bent-over-row - PB 3x10 @45kgs

40min Cycle (on machine) - PB 22.41km on hardest resistance

Roller Derby - PB 30 in 5

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/66592/

Roller derby girls are the best kind of girls!

Also, welcome to NF!

• Like 1

"If you're not waking up in the morning and living your life like a ritual of creation or destruction or life or death or love or hate then you really are just dieing one minute at a time."

- Paul "Grimnir" Waggener of the Wolves of Vinland

Mogi Shade, Level 4 Yeti

[STR 6] [DEX 8] [STA 4] [CON 5] [WIS 4] [CHA 4]

Current Challenge: [05]

JJSOMMER.COM | Tumblr | Instagram

Quinte Outdoor Club Meet-Up Group [ON, Canada]